[SOLVED] Whea uncontrollabe error

Aug 21, 2019
how do i see if it's power supply related? or motherboard ? i did ram test memory diagnostic and it ended with not errors. i also did chkdsk in cmd prompt and it also came back with nothing wrong. Sorry i know only the surface when it comes to troubleshooting things like this. It seems when i go to launch a game ffxiv it gives me the blue screen with error as soon as starts to boot the game. I did malwarebytes scan and in fact did have quite a bit infected so i quarentied them all and restarted cpu. I also used iobit driver updater and got all my proper drivers up-to-date as well for the windows updates. If i remember rigght it was when i first discovered i had malware on my pc that this error first came into the picture. I did already a fresh installatuon of win 10 and deleted the partition beforehand so i lost everything. I just want to rule out the issue either is this hharddware related or not...thank you all for those took the time to help.

i saved a report of my spects in cpu-z and just cant figure how to insert it ?

oh yes and overclocking i have never done and most settings are either auto or manual there is no just option to disable with what i have found anyway, its legacy bios and my motherboard is p7p55d le and never understood how to update bios or firmware there is something called i think asus u2 flash and that's a way to update it but i still don't understand lol

okay another update with interesting finds finally...after completing sfc /scannow i got this message...

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them etc,etc..

Last edited:
Solution
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/flHc.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck EF
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+fd )

Bugcheck Description:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
"This indicates that a critical system process died. A critical process is one that forces the system to bug check if it terminates. This can happen when the state of the process is corrupted or otherwise is damaged. When this happens, as these processes are critical to the operation of Windows, a system bug check occurs as the operating system integrity is in question.

Built in Windows critical system services include csrss.exe, wininit.exe, logonui.exe, smss.exe, services.exe...
Aug 21, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp during the game?
where did you get the game from?

upload image to imgur.com and post the link here

it wont let me select captcha to finish registering on imgur.....
intel core i7 860 @ 2.80 ghz DDR3 8 GByte
windows 10 64bit
Nvidea Geforce gtx 1050
EA 500D Earthwattes 500w max psu
cant get reading on temps as trying to start up the game i get whea uncontrollable error bblue screen. a day ago i was able to play with as little as 1 or 2 inturrupts in like a 6 hr span.
the game i purchased new digital copy from square enix and it runs through steam the game is called final fantasy 14 online

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Can you post a link to the dump file for the WHEA?
WHEA can be a multitude of things, it is pretty much usually hardware or firmware, but it's called by the CPU, so there's no direct way of identifying the hardware at fault without more rigourous testing or replacing.

But occassionally a WHEA comes from software.

Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Temperatures are important, verify what your temps are in BIOS for a while first, as overheating can easily cause WHEA.
How long have you had PSU?

Reactions: GUN3REAKER
Aug 21, 2019
https://ibb.co/vhtWT2F

i cant find how to install latest bios i went to manufacters website ASUS my moboard is p7p55d le
i have had this pc for about 2 - 2 1/2 yrs
ssd is less then yr old
my gpu is just alittle over a yr. old
fan replaced 5 monthss ago but it sits on top of moboard (I got screws when should of ordered twist to tigghten in place) so it is not secure in place sadly but is connected

Aug 21, 2019
okay soon i will. thx.

i found the four dump files but when i go to open it says, "The debugging session could not be started: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Minidump\082119-6406-01.dmp' is denied."
i am the admin though , how can i

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
okay soon i will. thx.

i found the four dump files but when i go to open it says, "The debugging session could not be started: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Minidump\082119-6406-01.dmp' is denied."
i am the admin though , how can i
Don't worry about opening it, you won't be able to debug it unless you've debugged before.
Just upload them onto a file sharing site and post the link here.

Reactions: GUN3REAKER

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/flHc.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck EF
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+fd )

Bugcheck Description:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
"This indicates that a critical system process died. A critical process is one that forces the system to bug check if it terminates. This can happen when the state of the process is corrupted or otherwise is damaged. When this happens, as these processes are critical to the operation of Windows, a system bug check occurs as the operating system integrity is in question.

Built in Windows critical system services include csrss.exe, wininit.exe, logonui.exe, smss.exe, services.exe, conhost.exe, and winlogon.exe."

About your bugcheck:
"This is often driver or core OS based, however can be indicative of hardware faults.You should reference the third party modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving.
- Consider using the event log to see if there are errors that occur leading up to this stop code.

If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them, update all other drivers and potentially BIOS.

Run SFC/ Scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in an elevated command prompt.

Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.

You may want to run in an elevated command prompt:
  • SFC/ Scannow
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and see if it identifies any issues first.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
we theorised ntkrnlmp stands for NT Kernel Multi Processor but that doesn't really help. So it has morphed from a whea to a critical process, the other BSOD of the month.

its blaming a win 8 driver which I suspect also includes WIn 10 as I never seen it say WIn 10 in there yet.

running win 10 on a PC with no Win 8 drivers is always fun.

WTFast? internet publishing software?
Glary utilities could be cause.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
we theorised ntkrnlmp stands for NT Kernel Multi Processor but that doesn't really help. So it has morphed from a whea to a critical process, the other BSOD of the month.

its blaming a win 8 driver which I suspect also includes WIn 10 as I never seen it say WIn 10 in there yet.

running win 10 on a PC with no Win 8 drivers is always fun.

WTFast? internet publishing software?
Glary utilities could be cause.
Agreed I was also looking at Glary's as well as the AAA publishing - the latter not one I've come across much before. Wanted to run the DISM just as a first port of call being as it doesn't hurt and previously saw many that were solved by this, considering the bugcheck was a critical process.

WHEA obviously raises some other suspicions, but we'll see!

Aug 21, 2019
Agreed I was also looking at Glary's as well as the AAA publishing - the latter not one I've come across much before. Wanted to run the DISM just as a first port of call being as it doesn't hurt and previously saw many that were solved by this, considering the bugcheck was a critical process.

WHEA obviously raises some other suspicions, but we'll see!

hmm well i uninstalled glary's and wtfast. Still restarting around from every 3,5,10 minutes but now without any bluescreen error, it just reboots. What is AAA publishing? what should i do with the driver issue u mentioned? i also had 8 outdated drivers, i updated them with tweakbit driver, still rooting issue

Aug 21, 2019

Summary of findings:

About your bugcheck:

"This is often driver or core OS based, however can be indicative of hardware faults.You should reference the third party modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving.
- Consider using the event log to see if there are errors that occur leading up to this stop code.

If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them, update all other drivers and potentially BIOS.

Run SFC/ Scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in an elevated command prompt.

Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.

You may want to run in an elevated command prompt:
  • SFC/ Scannow
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and see if it identifies any issues first.

i finished running the DISM and it said operation completed successfully so i guess thats a good thing?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i also had 8 outdated drivers, i updated them with tweakbit driver, still rooting issue
So as a first port of call, uninstall tweakbit driver and potentially any of the drivers it updated. Avoid using third party driver updaters as they have a notorious and consistent habit of installing the wrong drivers, or drivers that shouldn't be updated in the first place. This often causes problems.

Always update the drivers yourself manually from the manufacturers site.

it looks like distributeCOM most the errors in the event log, i will send the report.
I'll be honest I don't see this as related to your issue, distributed COM errors are quite common. and vary vastly on the system, and rarely do they cause shut down problems.

However I have noticed you have a couple of errors regarding peripheral devices like USB and HD Audio which is raising my eyebrow a little.

Colif

Win 11 Master
A PC with absolutely no problems will still have errors in event viewer, just ignore them unless you are having problems.

Its like reliability monitor, it can show problems that don't really matter.

Don’t Panic!
You’re sure to see some errors and warnings in Event Viewer, even if your computer is working fine.

The Event Viewer is designed to help system administrators keep tabs on their computers and troubleshoot problems. If there isn’t a problem with your computer, the errors in here are unlikely to be important. For example, you’ll often see errors that indicate a program crashed at a specific time—which may have been weeks ago—or that a service failed to start with Windows, but was likely started on a subsequent attempt.

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/ht...ndows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

now go and enjoy PC :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
A PC with absolutely no problems will still have errors in event viewer, just ignore them unless you are having problems.

Its like reliability monitor, it can show problems that don't really matter.

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/ht...ndows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

now go and enjoy PC :)
This +1

So many people come on here with event viewer errors, and all they do is shroud the real problem.
I currently have multiple event viewer problems. But nothnig adverse with the PC itself.

OP i'd wait until something more critical happens, then feedback and we can see what's changed :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't look in it or reliability monitor unless I am having a problem.. I know reliability monitor will show an error as i been getting one every few days in there but since PC still works, I am just ignoring it. I think error is windows anyway.