Question WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR

Dec 8, 2019
Hello I randomly started getting a blue screen with the stop code WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR and it auto restarts and just instantly loops again over and over. I sometimes can get into the logon screen for 10 seconds before it does it. I have tried booting into safe mode and also using a windows installation media usb but when I get in both of these about 10 seconds later I get the blue screen. I haven’t been able to do any solutions on the web because I can’t stay in any screen for more than 10 seconds at most. I have seen 2 people with the same issue that needed to get a new cpu but I’m just wondering if it might be another problem. Also I’ve had my computer for about 4-5 months.
My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Proccesor
CPU FAN: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold certified fully modular ATX Power Supply
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Due to it being a WHEA error, it almost certainly a hardware issue. Is this a new PC or just new to you? The most likely cause would be the hard drive or PSU, but it could also be your MB or CPU; drives and PSUs go bad more often than other hardware devices. Try booting from an install USB and see if it boots. If so it's likely the hdd.

Dec 8, 2019
Due to it being a WHEA error, it almost certainly a hardware issue. Is this a new PC or just new to you? The most likely cause would be the hard drive or PSU, but it could also be your MB or CPU; drives and PSUs go bad more often than other hardware devices. Try booting from an install USB and see if it boots. If so it's likely the hdd.
When I boot from an install usb it has the same problem so I don’t think it’s the drive.

Dec 8, 2019
try to use only 1 stick of ram at the time and if you could memtest them also did you made a update lately on the driver or system.
I tried and it still didn’t work, also if it still happens from an install usb does that mean it’s not the os? Now is there any way I can figure out if it’s my mobo PSU or CPU?

Unfortunately there is no way to test PSU, mobo or PSU, unless you have a known working replacement, or the test equipment one might find in a PC repair shop. So, unless you know a PC shop that is open, you'll have to start replacing parts until you find the problem hardware.

Dec 8, 2019
Unfortunately there is no way to test PSU, mobo or PSU, unless you have a known working replacement, or the test equipment one might find in a PC repair shop. So, unless you know a PC shop that is open, you'll have to start replacing parts until you find the problem hardware.
Ok, i just tried to see if anything changed and now I can’t even get it to display on either of my monitors so I’m wondering if that helps me point to a specific hardware?

TRENDING THREADS