Question Whea uncorrectable error after new parts

Feb 3, 2020
Hello everyone !

So here it is. First of all, here's my setup. I would like to specify that I had to change my motherboard and cpu (as well as the ventirad) because the cpu died.

From the old setup :

• GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX 480 NITRO+ (UEFI / Backplate), 8 Go
  • HDD : Seagate Barracuda, 1 To
  • PSU : FSP Fortron Hyper M 600, 600W
  • RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury, Noir, 8 Go (2 x 4 Go), 2133 MHz, CAS 14
New parts of the setup :
  • CPU : Intel Core i5-9600KF (3.7 GHz)
  • Motherboard : Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING

Here's the problem :

A few days ago my old processor (Intel Core i5-6500) died due to a defect in the ventirad, the ventirad detached itself from the motherboard which made my processor burn up. After that, I had to change it while checking the compatibility, and so I went to the "new" config. I formatted my two hard drives, reinstalled Windows 10 from a bootable key. And everything was supposed to go back to normal. EXCEPT THAT IT DOES NOT.

Since then, it's impossible for me to use my computer properly, because every time I try to play or use Netflix, I had the : "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" error, "great", I thought, "I never tested this game", but in fact it's irrelevant. I followed a lot of tutorials to fix this error. Unfortunately it didn't work, I tried to repair the disk, but it told me that everything was ok, put back my ram strips, I reconnected the graphics card (you never know), updated the drivers, flashed the BIOS, tried to dance in the rain, but I can't dance, and it's not raining. I followed several tutorials (https://multiastuces.com/dpc_watchdog_violation/) and others that I don't have the links to anymore.

From now, the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR replaced the DPC WATCHDOG one... I reinstalled windows by formatting my hard drives and all the rest... Nothing changed.

I don't know what to do from now, so I'm craving for your help.

PS : I'm not a native english speaker, sorry for mistakes.

Thank you. 😢

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Given how you were on a 6th gen processor, you might've been on a 100 series or 200 series chipset as your motherboard. Now, after your motherboard/CPU swap, did you reinstall your OS after recreating your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Reason I'm saying that is to understand which version of Windows 10 you're working with.

I would also ask you to check and see which BIOS version you're currently for your motherboard.

Might also be a good idea to inspect the CPU socket for bent or broken pins. To be sure, you only have one HDD to work with, correct?

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, thank you for answering.

The BIOS is up to date with the latest update : version (Asus motherboard) is 2606.. Windows was reinstalled after formatting both hard drives (one SSD and one HDD). The version of Windows 10 is 1909 (operating system 183663.592).

There is nothing abnormal with the processor, nor the RAM (which has been tested).

The computer crashes when I play online games (GTA V for example, no crash with Minecraft solo). On office work or web browsing, no crash or really very rare.