Question Whea uncorrectable error because of m.2

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
Firstly I just want to say that i did read other posts and all seem to just lead to hardware issues so I want to ask if the conclusion I came to is correct. I know that it may be a lot to read but a lot of different things came up.

So about 2 days ago i started getting the error and it wasn't even in game, just on desktop with a download in the background. and at first it was even difficult to get it to boot, it would stay stuck right before the bios, then I noticed it reduced my ram speed from 3200 to 2133, so I put that back thinking maybe that was the issue. Tried reinstalling ram, Still nothing, crashed randomly, checked event viewer and shows a error for failing to make dump file right before it crashed. Then i was able to get into a game after starting it up after some time played for a good half hour no problem, switched games after 10 minutes, crashed. Updated bios to the beta version, nothing. reset bios. values and settings, except for ram speed, nothing So I ended up reinstalling windows, still crashed after some time (10-15 min). Then tried to check all updates and drivers and when i tried to install the nvidia drivers and crashed on that multiple times. I loaded memtest onto a flash drive and started that, it took almost 3 hours to do but when i checked in the morning it was all a pass 0 errors across all 14 tests. I has a msi board so on the ez-debug led's the vga one would stay on everytime it didn't get to bios, but even if it does boot I noticed that it stays on for a second or two before going to boot anyway.

Now I started to stress test, the cpu on prime 95 and it stayed around 55c then it started going up but leveled out at around 70c and was running for a couple of min no problem, I was installing other stuff in the background and then after a couple minutes it crashed again. I installed CrystalDiskMark and wanted to check that, before the test started, in the prepping phase, it crashed. Tried other drive no problem, tried first drive again, crashed before starting. Updated the firmware on the drive and tried to test speed again and crashed before starting the test again, but secondary drive again no problem. I just didn't stress the gpu but temps and fps seem normal and didn't crash while gaming for 30 min.

My conclusion is that it's the m.2 drive because it crashes everytime before the speed test even starts and if I'm installing/updating something on that drive. Also i saw once that right before it crashed during an updated that drive spiked to 100%. I think that the vga led on the board stayed lit because the next one is boot and it wasn't able to boot. The writing it a bit off so it might not even be that. Let me know if you think I'm correct and if it is the drive. I will try to install windows on the other drive and uninstall this one and just have one and see if that solves it. My specs are below.

Specs-
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Msi mpg x570 gaming plus
Msi 2070 super
Corsair hxi1000w
drive that fails the speed test - corsair mp600
secondary that passes test - samsung 860 evo

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
Firstly I just want to say that i did read other posts and all seem to just lead to hardware issues so I want to ask if the conclusion I came to is correct. I know that it may be a lot to read but a lot of different things came up.

So about 2 days ago i started getting the error and it wasn't even in game, just on desktop with a download in the background. and at first it was even difficult to get it to boot, it would stay stuck right before the bios, then I noticed it reduced my ram speed from 3200 to 2133, so I put that back thinking maybe that was the issue. Tried reinstalling ram, Still nothing, crashed randomly, checked event viewer and shows a error for failing to make dump file right before it crashed. Then i was able to get into a game after starting it up after some time played for a good half hour no problem, switched games after 10 minutes, crashed. Updated bios to the beta version, nothing. reset bios. values and settings, except for ram speed, nothing So I ended up reinstalling windows, still crashed after some time (10-15 min). Then tried to check all updates and drivers and when i tried to install the nvidia drivers and crashed on that multiple times. I loaded memtest onto a flash drive and started that, it took almost 3 hours to do but when i checked in the morning it was all a pass 0 errors across all 14 tests. I has a msi board so on the ez-debug led's the vga one would stay on everytime it didn't get to bios, but even if it does boot I noticed that it stays on for a second or two before going to boot anyway.

Now I started to stress test, the cpu on prime 95 and it stayed around 55c then it started going up but leveled out at around 70c and was running for a couple of min no problem, I was installing other stuff in the background and then after a couple minutes it crashed again. I installed CrystalDiskMark and wanted to check that, before the test started, in the prepping phase, it crashed. Tried other drive no problem, tried first drive again, crashed before starting. Updated the firmware on the drive and tried to test speed again and crashed before starting the test again, but secondary drive again no problem. I just didn't stress the gpu but temps and fps seem normal and didn't crash while gaming for 30 min.

My conclusion is that it's the m.2 drive because it crashes everytime before the speed test even starts and if I'm installing/updating something on that drive. Also i saw once that right before it crashed during an updated that drive spiked to 100%. I think that the vga led on the board stayed lit because the next one is boot and it wasn't able to boot. The writing it a bit off so it might not even be that. Let me know if you think I'm correct and if it is the drive. I will try to install windows on the other drive and uninstall this one and just have one and see if that solves it. My specs are below.

Update- I took out the corsair m.2 leaving only the samsung 860 evo and insatlled windows on it. Couple hours and install and still running good and was able to check the speed and working.
Before doing that i tried another ssd speed test ATTO disk benchmark and the corsair ran fine and tested until it go to like 128kb and speed like around 2gb/s and the same crash.
Specs-
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Msi mpg x570 gaming plus
Msi 2070 super
Corsair hxi1000w
drive that fails the speed test - corsair mp600
secondary that passes test - samsung 860 evo

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
looks like you fixed it already, rma corsair m.2 and get a new one. I would get a refund and buy a Samsung 970 Evo plus but I could be biased towards good parts.
I bought it back in 2019, I'm going to fill out rma form right now. how would I get a refund, I bout it from amazon not corsair. would I have to sell it once I get a replacement.

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
I assumed it was new so yeah, just rma it and use the replacement you get.

How long is warranty on their ssd?
It's a 5 year warranty on their storage devices, already sent form just waiting for approval. I might use the new one as a secondary drive just in case it happens again in the future, thanks for the reply.