Question WHEA uncorrectable error BSOD ( Can't load into windows). Please help, have been trying for weeks.

Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone, a few weeks back without having done anything to my knowledge to have messed up my pc, my pc was constantly receiving a WHEA uncorrectable error BSOD. This happens during windows startup and sometimes on the rare occasion that my pc boots into windows it usually crashes soon after. What I've done so far: So far I have narrowed it down to either my GPU or CPU. I've swapped my PSU and it still crashes, I've tested my memory with memtest86 and I've swapped it out to test them individually still crashes. When I could boot into windows I ran the intel CPU diagnostics tool and a stress test and it never crashed. I have also downgraded BIOS to 1902 or whatever the one below 2101 is and It still crashed. I have also reset my pc entirely and still crashed after. I've also gone into recovery settings in CMD and ran sfc /scannow a full chkdsk and image restore and still crashing.

System Specifications:
Mobo: Asus x99-A II
CPU: 6900k with 360mm AIO ( For the past year I've been running my CPU 4.0ghz @1.23v no problems, I've reset the BIOS to optimized defaults and tried loading into windows and still crashed)
GPU: Titan X maxwell x2 hybrid cooled (Has never gone above 55c)
PSU: Thermaltake 1200w Platnium rated

I've been trying to work this out for weeks and still have not reached a proper conclusion but have narrowed it down a decent amount. I have a suspicion that it might be my GPU(s) but there is not too much evidence supporting that yet because they have run perfectly no problems for the last year and a half almost two years and are very well cooled. Any ideas??

However, when I was able to boot into windows I ran heaven benchmark with sli enabled and about 10 seconds in it crashed but it was only slightly overclocked and never ran above 55c. I have also tried taking out each card and benchmarking them both and both still crashed. I don't entirely think its the GPU because it is unlikely that they both failed just then under well-cooled conditions. Which is why I suspect the MOBO.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
was only slightly overclocked
Remove any and all overclocks you are currently running. WHEA is hardware error so you want to eliminate all possible hardware interactions first.

After that you have a 6900K, and you say trying both GPUs, are you stating you have 2 Titan X?
Have you tried removing both and running on integrated? (Forgot 6900K was X series)

How long have you had the GPUs?
Reset your BIOS entirely to defaults (as you already have once) and remove any overclocks first.

Last edited: