WHEA uncorrectable error - Is it my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galkimhi

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
I recently started playing AC-Odyssey. i get constant BSOD with "WHEA uncorrectable error" and then the system reboots. I should mention - last year the movers banged my cpu and it got some bent pins which I corrected with a pen, but since then I had no troubles whatsoever with any games until now. when I'm stressing my CPU with OCCT for~30 mins nothing happens, temps get up to 65c.
my specs:
Windows 10
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x2
CPU: AMD FX-Series 8350 Box 4 Ghz
CPU FAN: Zalman CNPS9900a
GPU: Radeon R9 380
PSU: Corsair CX600
HDD: WD caviar blue 2TB+ SSD DRIVE(Kingston V300 120GB )

Solution
WHEA uncorrectable error the first parameter of the bugcheck indicates what component called the bugcheck. parmaeter 1= 0 means the cpu called the bugcheck. (most common)

you can provide the c:\windows\minidump files if you continue to have issues.
generally, i see a lot of overclock drivers that trigger the motherboard power protection circuits that tell the CPU to reset and call bugcheck 0x124.

a lot of times a GPU pulls too much current and the motherboard resets the CPU and the power supply fakes the power_ok signal and allows the cpu to boot before the power is stable. then the CPU memory controller detects a cache error inside the cpu (because the power is too low for a second) then the CPU calls the bugcheck.

generally...

mgallo848

Commendable
WHEA uncorrectable error is usually caused by either:

1: A corrupted video driver
2: A bad stick of memory

Start with the driver first.

Download a program called "DDU"
Boot into safe mode (very important)
Use DDU to completely remove video drivers. Reboot
Install new drivers (You can download them and save them to desktop first so they're waiting for you to install)

If that doesn't work, stress test the memory

Download a program called "memtest"
Use memtest to create a bootable USB stick or a bootable CD.
Restart PC and boot into USB or CD that you just created.
Let test run for about 2 hrs. If it finds a problem with your memory it will let you know which stick is bad.

i had similiar blue screens, that proved to be the current Nvidia driver - there's a thread over on the Geforce forums, with the mods there indicating the current drivers are buggy, and they identify the last known stable driver - start at about the 3rd post in the thread

and as mgallo848 said, use DDU in safe mode to un-install current driver

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1035287/nvlddmkm-sys-crashing/?offset=1

WHEA uncorrectable error the first parameter of the bugcheck indicates what component called the bugcheck. parmaeter 1= 0 means the cpu called the bugcheck. (most common)

you can provide the c:\windows\minidump files if you continue to have issues.
generally, i see a lot of overclock drivers that trigger the motherboard power protection circuits that tell the CPU to reset and call bugcheck 0x124.

a lot of times a GPU pulls too much current and the motherboard resets the CPU and the power supply fakes the power_ok signal and allows the cpu to boot before the power is stable. then the CPU memory controller detects a cache error inside the cpu (because the power is too low for a second) then the CPU calls the bugcheck.

generally, a GPU causes the bugcheck as a side effect of the motherboard protection circuits. Or if it causes a brown out to the cpu and the CPU has internal cache errors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS