Question WHEA uncorrectable error problem help!

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys,

so recently I tried hackintoshing my PC, needless to say after countless hours spent and college starting, I gave up on it as it was giving me way too many issues. At the end, it also made it so that my PC would bluescreen as soon as it booted Windows, so I had to reset it with personal files intact.
Literally every day after that, my PC would BSOD at least twice every day, showing me either WHEA Uncorrectable Error or Clock Watchdog Timeout. I tried updating all my drivers, which didn't help. I finally reinstall Windows from scratch, and it still BSOD'd, with the WHEA error. I'm not sure what is wrong at this point. People have been saying from research online that this could be a CPU, GPU, or RAM problem. I haven't been able to rule any of them out because the BSOD's are so random that I could be watching a show and it would crash, or I could be launching a game as untaxing as Duck Game and it would BSOD my PC. What do you suggest I do?

My PC specs are as follows: (nothing has changed between me trying to hackintosh to today)
Intel i7 4790k
Corsair CX500 PSU
16GB Gskill Ripjaws X RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080 Superclocked
250GB Samsung 840 EVO
8TB of WD storage (Distributed among Blue, Green and Black)

Here's a dump file if you guys want to try and interpret it: https://mega.nz/#!DzRyUQbQ!4viELrE3Z4vqzcWg9yM5BZLpyn3lbs69e85aw8skpUU

From the BSODViewer, I can only possibly say that the shutdown was called on by the CPU. That's it though, I have no idea what the other stuff means.

None of my USB devices have changed, and if anything, there are fewer devices since I moved into college.
Thanks in advance, this is starting to get really frustrating.

Last edited:

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
I've seen whea crashes when the voltage isn't quite high enough, personally I think you are quite heavily loaded for a 500W PSU, there could be a tiny dip that's causing it, but I would expect that to happen under load and not when nearly idle.
Yeah that’s the weird thing, I have rendered videos on premiere with no issues. Ironically as I was typing this, my desktop just finished updating and it gave me the WHEA error while it was on the login screen, where obviously nothing is going on. Does the dump tell anything important?