WHEA uncorrectable error Win10

yogi_dmt

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Specs:

asus z-97AR
hydro h80i gt
Win10

I'm having a lot of issues with my computer recently. It blue screens almost every day, sometimes multiple times, at seemingly random times and every time it's the same WHEA uncorrectable error.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while now and here's what i've tried and what i do know...

-cooling seems to working fine. temps don't seem to go over 75-80c so i don't think the pump or cooler is broken

-i've used the intel cpu checking tool and have confirmed nothing is wrong with the cpu

-bios has been reset to defaults for a while now

-drivers/win 10 is up to date. i used to have the asus OC software installed and thought the issue could be related and since then i've been on a fresh install of windows, no third part OC software

-not sure if it could be a psu related issue but i should have enough power going to the cpu. It's plugged into a battery backup so no issues in terms of the power source being flaky

Any more ideas what i can try?

Solution
well this could be caused by a wide range of problem

1. run chkdsk

2. use display driver uninstaller (DDU) to unstall all graphics drivers (intel, nvidia, amd) and then reinstall the driver for your graphics card from the manufacturer website.

ups.. well, if you have a psu with active PFC (power factor correction), it may not work well with stepped sinewave ups

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
1. sfc /scannow
2. memtest

3. some psu doesnt like ups

4. uninstall intel xtu

5. does it blue screen a few mins after booting into windows? get ubuntu on a usb stick and boot into ubuntu os with it. try the os for browsing etc and see if it crash

yogi_dmt

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

I've done a memtest and sfc

what do you mean that the psu doesn't like the ups?

I don't think i have xtu installed

It blue screens a few minutes sometimes, sometimes i can play games and use my computer for days without it bluescreening

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
well this could be caused by a wide range of problem

1. run chkdsk

2. use display driver uninstaller (DDU) to unstall all graphics drivers (intel, nvidia, amd) and then reinstall the driver for your graphics card from the manufacturer website.

ups.. well, if you have a psu with active PFC (power factor correction), it may not work well with stepped sinewave ups

Solution