Question whea uncorrectable error

name68

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
Hello, i have a new pc which was ok for 14 days and now i do have problem with random whea uncorrectable error about 3 times a day (even when idle). I checked temps with aida64 and they are ok. Here is what i did before it started to happen. I unnistalled gpu driver through DDU, took my gtx 1080ti out. Put RTX 2080ti inside pc, installed driver (i wanted to show this gpu to the buyer). Then i wanted unnistall driver with ddu but it crashed during it. So i took rtx 2080ti out ( sold it). Put my gtx 1080ti back (unistalled rtx 2080ti drivers through ddu and installed GTX 1080ti). Since everything seemed to work fine except google chrome where i got black screen ( typin -disable-gpu in properties solved this issue). And the same day whea uncorrectable error started. I tried reinstall drivers multiple times. Do you think whea uncorrectable error could be gpu driver ? Would Win10 reinstall help ? Games and all are running just fine (except chrome) Thx

my PC:
i9 9900K
msi mpg z390m gaming edge ac
GTX 1080ti FE
Corsair H80i v2
32 gb ram
750 W gold+
ssd

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

WHEA errors can be any hardware, They are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
remove any overclocks
remove MSI Afterburner, remove Intel Extreme tuning utility
can be caused by heat but on a 14 day old PC you not likely to get that from dust build up.
what make/model PSU?

name68

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

WHEA errors can be any hardware, They are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
remove any overclocks
remove MSI Afterburner, remove Intel Extreme tuning utility
can be caused by heat but on a 14 day old PC you not likely to get that from dust build up.
what make/model PSU?

thank you i reinstalled whole pc but problem still occur. Here is a screen from dump View: https://imgur.com/a/czdIlaz

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you go to c windows/minidump
copy the files to documents

if you don't have a minidump folder, and since its a clean install, set file explorer to show all hidden folders and files. Look for memory.dmp and copy it to another folder and upload that copy.

have you checked the gpu since putting it back in? It is only change you made so perhaps its damaged or not in slot right?
i would run windows without GPU - connect monitor to motherboard connector - and see if you still get error, that would at least tell you if its GPU or not

TRENDING THREADS