[SOLVED] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE _ERROR right at Win 10 Pro installation on Shuttle SH570R6: log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2021
Hello.
I'm new to Tom's Hardware but not to Shuttle. In the past I was active on Suthian from around 2004 for a few years. Some here may have been on that SFF forum. My avatar and forum handle are the same.

System (all new):
Shuttle SH570R6 (300 Watt model)
Intel 11600K (125 watt) - yellow sticker on I.C.E. COOLER warns against installing a processor that draws more than 95watts - yet the 11600K is listed as compatible by Shuttle.
WD Blue 500gb 3D NAND SDD
1 or 2 Kingston Valueram, KVR32N22D8/16 16gb
Cabled USB keyboard + mouse
USB key: Medion 64gb
Ethernet connected
Old ACER monitor
Win 10 Pro

I have owned 8-10 Shuttle computers - from SN95G5v2 - and still have three active here: XH170 / SG33G6 / SG31G5. So i had no misgivings when I began putting my SH570R6 system together.

(1) Installed everything above and first tried to install Win 11. I followed the Shutttle instructions re. BIOS settings. I was informed that my computer did not fulfill Win 11 requirements. Noted.
(2) I then built a Win 10 installation disc and managed to go through installation. Yes.
(3) Then added an external USB DVD drive and installed the Shuttle drivers. And restarted. But my computer froze during restart and I got the dreaded WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR for the first time in my life. But boy was I going to see that error replicated every time I tried to reinstall Win 10. I did that again and again.
(4) I then tried every trick and test I could Google (on my XH170).
(5) Finally i tried to return the unit for RMA - but the seller refused to take it back citing bent pins in the cpu socket. I had not noticed those. He told me to contact a local repairman to have him fix it.

So I am stuck here with a unit that won't install Win 10 because of bent pins or another hardware or software issue.

First, does Win 10 leave an error log when it fails to install on the hard drive - the stop error says that it collects information?

Last edited:
Solution
Shuttle.eu support solved that issue.
Reflash bios with the same bios that the SH750R6 came preinstalled with.
Remove power plug and Clear CMOS by shorting pins at the back
Run MAC-address update tool

So simple and so sweet to have full functionailty after two weeks' agony.

Solved.
Dec 29, 2021
Seems I have to do it on my own.
I have now installed Windows 10 using a Celeron G9505 - the cheapest I could get in order to troubleshoot further. So I am in the process of updating everything I can before I install Shuttle drivers.

I am a bit cautious as the original crash with the i5 11600K came right after I installed all the Shuttle drivers. Wish me luck.

And, my issue isn't solved until I have a full install here.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021
A new issue: when using ram slot three, I can't boot the Shuttle. Using ram slots 1+3 doesn't work either. Ram slots 1+2+4 work fine. Now I am running 2x16gb ram sticks in slots 2+4.

Would this explain the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR with the i5 11600K?
Is it a faulty board then?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021
Shuttle.eu support solved that issue.
Reflash bios with the same bios that the SH750R6 came preinstalled with.
Remove power plug and Clear CMOS by shorting pins at the back
Run MAC-address update tool

So simple and so sweet to have full functionailty after two weeks' agony.

Solved.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.