[SOLVED] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR after Win10 sleep mode

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ars.arch01

Honorable
Jun 2, 2018
Hello all!

I am getting a blue screen of dead message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR after Win10 sleeping mode.

It happens when I exit sleeping mode and start Opera or Chrome. As far as I tested... It runs other soft or games fine after Sleep mode.
Windows Edge works fine after sleeping mode.

I tried to reinstall Opera, but I get blue screen mode again during the process.

I never done any overclocking things with PC.

Last 3 Minidump files I got during the day...

https://quickfileshare.org/351F/Minidump_files.rar

My PC specs...

ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6 ATX LGA2066 Motherboard
i7-7820X 3.6Ghz
Zotac GTX 1070TI AMP! Extreme edition
RAM 32 Gb G Skill TridentZ F4-3200C16-8GTZSW
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
x2 2 TБ, 7200 RPM, SATA-III
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold

Thanks!!!!

Solution
I highlighted that on my 1st reply but at time all I suggested was update to latest on website -

AsrDrv101.sys15/01/2013ASRockAsRock IO Driver

At the time I thought I found they were RGB
seems they are multi function
The AsrDrv101.sys and AsrDrv102.sys low-level drivers in ASRock RGBLED before v1.0.35.1, A-Tuning before v3.0.210, F-Stream before v3.0.210, and RestartToUEFI

https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2018-10710/

where did you get the drivers you installed this time? From website or other? I am not sure which version of the driver you have, the new one I found or the older ones.

If any driver is going to cause a WHEA, its an IO driver. Seems asrock and Asus have...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/oniy.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 124
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Bugcheck Description:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
"This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error condition.

When a hardware error occurs, WHEA creates an error record to store the error information associated with the hardware error condition. "

About your bugcheck:
"A WHEA ERROR is almost solely hardware based. It is possible in rare circumstances for this to be a driver, however it is very unlikely. It is often caused by:
  • Component overheating
  • Unstable overclocking or XMP profile
  • Faulty hardware"
Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.

I run some additional debugging now that the BSOD came out of Prime95, this you won't see in the report because they are additional debugging commands, I ran a error record check in the P2 of the bug check which gives the error record structure, and pasted it below, it has generated an error for Intel MCi lookup, so if hardware has to be replaced, it's good info that Intel can cross-reference and use, I have quoted it below, but at this point it is not needed.

A new driver was in this one which was the ASROCK IO Driver which has not been present in previous dumps.

Based on the deduction of the dump and the Prime95 results, one might suspect it could just be overheating that caused the WHEA. I will try and lookup the MCi records.

===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffac0e7232b028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d560465809257f
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 936
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 8/31/2019 22:20:39 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffac0e7232b0a8
Section @ ffffac0e7232b180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x0000000000050654
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000008

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffac0e7232b0f0
Section @ ffffac0e7232b240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000008
CPU Id : 54 06 05 00 00 08 10 08 - bf fb fe 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ ffffac0e7232b240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ ffffac0e7232b138
Section @ ffffac0e7232b2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 272

Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 8 Bank 4)

Last edited:

ars.arch01

Honorable
Jun 2, 2018
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/oniy.html

Summary of findings:

About your bugcheck:

"A WHEA ERROR is almost solely hardware based. It is possible in rare circumstances for this to be a driver, however it is very unlikely. It is often caused by:
  • Component overheating
  • Unstable overclocking or XMP profile
  • Faulty hardware"
Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.

I run some additional debugging now that the BSOD came out of Prime95, this you won't see in the report because they are additional debugging commands, I ran a error record check in the P2 of the bug check which gives the error record structure, and pasted it below, it has generated an error for Intel MCi lookup, so if hardware has to be replaced, it's good info that Intel can cross-reference and use, I have quoted it below, but at this point it is not needed.

A new driver was in this one which was the ASROCK IO Driver which has not been present in previous dumps.

Based on the deduction of the dump and the Prime95 results, one might suspect it could just be overheating that caused the WHEA. I will try and lookup the MCi records.

So...I guess it is finally solved..

I made another Windows restore... when it was done..the only things I installed were...Opera, and F-Stream Utility (ASRock motherboard utility that let you change Fan speed and some other overclock stuff)

BSOD happened again after installing F-Stream utility !
I deinstalled it...and now everything goes pretty fine.

That's quite unfortunate that this Software caused BSOD I guess...as I used it quite often to see temps, and make a fan speed set graphic. Maybe you could recommend some soft to do that as an alternative ?

I am not sure now if I should continue with installing other Motherboard drivers...
Is it ok if I just check if all devices have latest drivers in Device manager?

I mean it says I already have latest driver for Intel for example...
What do you think ?

Let's see how it goes next days...

I am very thankful for all your help ! I am glad that I do not have to change CPU or something...XD...right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I highlighted that on my 1st reply but at time all I suggested was update to latest on website -

The AsrDrv101.sys and AsrDrv102.sys low-level drivers in ASRock RGBLED before v1.0.35.1, A-Tuning before v3.0.210, F-Stream before v3.0.210, and RestartToUEFI

where did you get the drivers you installed this time? From website or other? I am not sure which version of the driver you have, the new one I found or the older ones.

If any driver is going to cause a WHEA, its an IO driver. Seems asrock and Asus have some things in common still.

Reactions: ars.arch01
Solution

ars.arch01

Honorable
Jun 2, 2018

where did you get the drivers you installed this time? From website or other? I am not sure which version of the driver you have, the new one I found or the one

If any driver is going to cause a WHEA, its an IO driver. Seems asrock and Asus have some things in common still.

Latest Minidump files
https://quickfileshare.org/1PvC/Minidump_files_6.zip

All drivers I installed that related to Motherboard were from official website.

F-Stream utility is not mentioned in a driver list with that name...it is called
"ASRock Motherboard Utility ver:3.0.266 "

I installed it since I have my PC, it was allways on on Windows startup, and I never updated it by this time...
maybe there were some Windows update that crashed normal workflow for that driver or something...
just my thoughts.

Good thing...Fans can still be tuned in BIOS, they have FAN-tastic utility integrated.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Yes exctly, thus why I wanted to recall and see if it was related back to your first point.
Then why it also appeared as a second driver on the last dump.

It would absolutely make sense.

Colif

Win 11 Master
think its normally better to tune fans in bios rather than software.

I just let my bios handle it, when I 1st got PC and didn't know as much as I do now, I used the asus fan control software to control fans and it decided - twice - that pc was cool enough, it didn't need a CPU fan on. After 2nd time, I uninstalled that program and reset bios. That was likely my fault but still.

If BSOD go away, you can guarantee it was the IO drivers.

TRENDING THREADS