Whea_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD keeps happening.

Captainawzome

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
It has been roughly 1 and a half months before I completed my build. Ever since I installed Windows, I have been getting BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when there are moderate-heavy loads on my computer. I have tried many things, such as increasing my voltages, resetting windows, uninstalling and reinstalling all of my drivers; pretty much what the internet said about this error. But just this week, things have been getting really strange with my computer. First, my PC didn't crash for 2 days (a record) after I ran prime 95 for around half an hour or so. After this happened, every time I started my PC, I ran prime 95 because I thought that it was kind of "Warming Up" my PC before playing games resulting in the bsod. In the past 3 days, the BSOD had been appearing more and more frequently, and more and more abnormal things have been happening. First, my computer crashed to a red screen of death a few times (the screen was pure red, no words.) Then, whenever the regular bsod appeared, sometimes when starting up my computer, I would get the BSOD on my main display, and the other monitor would be blue and white kind of like artifacting. Another strange thing that happened was that sometimes in BIOS, the screen would freeze and I would be forced to manually shut down and re-apply the settings I wanted to do. Finally, sometimes after I boot up, my shortcuts would be moved strangely and sometimes deleted, or all moved to my secondary monitor and some of them deleted. (sorry this is so long) After researching on the RSOD, I all of a sudden remembered that I hadn't of updated BIOS or installed some of the motherboard drivers (on live update 6). So I installed the drivers, but when my BIOS was updating, my computer froze. I am not a patient person so stupidly bricked my mb. It is getting RMA'd. But I am wondering if installing the motherboard drivers would fix my bsod, or if there would be something else I could do? Please help, because at this point i do not know where the problem lies.
Here are my parts if it would help:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k
GPU: Sapphire R9 390 8gb
Motherboard: MSI z170a krait gaming
Ram: Quad Channel 4x4gb Crucial ddr4
Cpu fan: Some $60 phanteks heatsink I picked out of amazon- I am getting liquid cooling soon
PSU: EVGA 750w gold
SSD: pny 240gb
SSHD: 2tb seagate
Any help is appreciated!

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The mobo drivers might be the trick, the BIOS update might well take care of it also, the Skylake builds are basically all 'new', we've got new mobo chipsets, new CPUs, new DDR4 DRAM and for many a new OS (if running Win 10 (which is still buggy), so expect BIOS updates to keep coming

Lutfij

Titan
With so many variables happening with you the issue is just compounding. Patience is one thing you will have to muster if you're going to bear with Windows 10 since there is a documented case of people having their settings changed via Microsoft's magical fingers.

The BSOD's can happen from a lot of things but we'll need you to locate your .dmp files, upload them on a file hosting site and then pass on the link here for us to look through.

One other thing to note is with BIOS updates that are meant for a specific platform such as Windows 10 its best you do them first and then update your device drivers/software and I mean downloading them on to your storage media/ssd and then running installer from said drive instead of using a third party software.

Agreed, with Tradesman1's point as well that there will be more updates on the way since Windows 10 is in its infancy. I also see you re-installing Windows 10 from scratch so have only the bare essentials necessary for installation i.e ssd for OS connected to your system on the first sata port that runs off the chipset(SATA port 1). You can connect the remaining drives after Windows 10 completes installation.

Captainawzome

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015

Will post up the .dmp files as soon as possible

Captainawzome

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015

Alright. I need some help locating the .dmp files. Should there only be one named "MEMORY.DMP"?
Because I see a lot of files called "RenderingControl_DMP" that are XML docs. Also there are a ton of Manifest Files. Which ones do I need to post up?

Captainawzome

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015

Hmm. Not seeing any of those. Could it be possible that because I had to do a manual shutdown every time for my BSOD, that the .dmp files were deleted? Or where should the .dmp files be located in? I just did a search in my :C drive and didn't find them.

UPDATE: I only see MEMORY.dmp, should I just post up that? Dosen't memory.dmp get overwritten every time your computer crashes?

TRENDING THREADS