"whea_uncorrectable_error" Bsod message

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TitusRaven

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I just installed Windows 8.1 on my Dell Vostro 400. and it gave me this BSOD message "whea_uncorrectable_error". it freezes and restarts until i turn it off. is there a way to make this work?

Jack_152

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
We upgraded my son's PC to put in a Gigabyte Z97 mobo and a Pentium G3258, under Windows 10. Everything went fine. Then we installed all the Gigabyte apps that came with the mobo and started getting the WHEA error. Tried everything to resolve it without success. In the end I uninstalled all of the Gigabyte crap (the App, VTune, Easytune, @BIOS etc.) and reset the BIOS to defaults. Everything is cured now.

I think the problem lies with the Gigabyte software not being compatible with Windows 10 - something (possibly the Turbo Boost?) doesn't agree with Win 10.

Only problem now is that we can't easily overclock the G3258 which was the whole point of the exercise, so we're having to buy an i5 processor instead.

there are thousands of types of bugchecks each with many different error codes. this particular bugcheck 0x124 has specific causes. And to be clear, windows calls all of the bugchecks because of detected errors.

it will be related to the gigabyte overclocking driver.

Mohsin_leo5

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017

Dear, i am also getting this issue on my Dell inspiron 7559, is this issue resolved? if yes then plz tell me how to fix this issue. its really bothering me. thanks

corniger

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I'm also getting this on a custom built system, but exclusively when using the "select and mask"-feature in Photoshop CC 2017, which I upgraded to recently, must be connected to OpenCL or something, because that thing is fidgety as hell. Running an EVGA 980 GTX classified, but I don't know how to find the real problem, error logs don't tell me much :(

NikHaM

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2017
It has been over 4 years now and I got the same error message while installing windows 10. I've readed this thread and created one of my own about this same problem but without fixes. I'm currently using a 300W PSU on Intel Core i5-8400 Coffee Lake with Asus PRIME H310-PLUS motherboard. I googled the error code and it mentioned about damaged processor, out dated drivers and voltage. I'm currently using a motherboard which you in my knowledge can't change the voltage (I'm not entirely sure and if you can please notify me.) so I'm kinda screwed. (Sorry for bringing this up again.)