[SOLVED] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR caused by driver or hardware?

Sep 16, 2021
Hello everyone!
I made an account on this forum because I'm getting BSODs on my computer and searching Google can only help so much.

Here's my config:
MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
DDR4 HyperX Fury RGB - 16 GB (2x 8GB)
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G
Samsung 970 EVO Plus MZ-V7S500BW 500 GB
Crucial 1TB CT1000MX500SSD1 SSD
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB
Seasonic ATX 750W 80+ Gold Modular - FOCUS GX-750

I've been using this config since January with no problem until the beginning of September, where I started getting BSODs while playing Genshin Impact (I've also experienced BSOD with 3DMark Time Spy stress test so I don't think it's related to the game) or while browsing or watching Youtube while have the game running in the background.
I tried reinstalling Windows and updating all the drivers, but I'm still getting this problem. The screen freezes or goes dark, and the sound stutters before I get a BSOD and the computer reboots. Sometimes I can go on a whole day without crash and sometimes I experience them several times a day.
Here are two minidumps I got today:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApeZcQDwzefg0hIGa8GHkXo1vjj3?e=vgQgHY

Any help would be very appreciated. (and sorry for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language).

Solution
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot...
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did in the bios), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest windows update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
whea - Windows Hardware error Architecture. Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
Rarely caused by drivers, BIOS updates have been known to help - you done that?

Can be caused by Over clocking so remove any overclocking software such as Ryzen Master, MSI Gaming App, MSI Afterburner
Can be caused by over heating
Can be caused by any hardware which makes them fun to identify cause

the person I ask to convert dumps is currently away, he might be back tomorrow, he isn't actually sure himself.
WHEA errors rarely show the driver to blame or anything useful but dumps at least show a list of drivers in use at time of the crash

try running Prime 95, it tests CPU & RAM - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html
Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

Reactions: Koekieezz

Colif

Win 11 Master
no, it should be okay
its description is - Update to AMD ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3c

The AMD AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch C BETA BIOS is an extension to Patch B which was released last month and aside from extending support to the Ryzen 5000G APUs (Cezanne) and Ryzen 5000 CPUs (Vermeer B2 Stepping), it also resolved all USB issues on Ryzen 5000 systems.

Prime 95 will take a long time so maybe start it before you go to sleep to give it some run up.

Sep 16, 2021
Prime 95 didn't give me any error.
I was able to swap my RTX 3070 with a Radeon RX 560 Series for a few days, and no BSOD so I think the problem might be tied to the GPU or its drivers.