Question WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR several times a day ?

noxinum

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello!

I’ve recently encountered this error message, especially at least 10 times today, and I’m at a loss of what could be the cause for it. It happened not more than 2/3 days now. Between that time and today, I updated Windows, Nvidia Graphics, Chrome and activated something in Steelseries engine.
I went ahead and rolled back on those changes but I still keep getting the error.

My memory is fine, I can’t run sfc /scannow without it crashing, or any other type of scan for that matter.
When I try to use the recovery options from the post-crash screen it requires my password, but since I use Live account I never set up a local password, and yes I’ve already used my Live password and it just straight up tells me the wrong password.

I’ve initiated a chkdsk /f /r scan and I can say I regret doing so, keeps on going on an infinite loop now. I’m seriously out of ideas as to how this could have possibly happened any and all help will be more than welcome.

I was able to get inside the PC and run scf /scannow and it returned 0 errors. I'm really hoping this to be some Windows files or Nvidia drivers that got corrupted.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC? what ssd/hdd do you have?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Whea - Windows Hardware Error Architecture
its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
can be caused by any hardware
can be caused by heat
can be caused by overclocking so remove any you have running.
can be caused by overclocking software so remove anything like MSI Afterburner, Intel extreme tuning utility
can be caused by drivers.