[SOLVED] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing DX12 games on PC ?

aqualink500

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I've almost tried everything to fix this new version of Windows, tried to run on one stick of RAM updating bios installing drivers nothing works I need help. So far it only really happens in DX12 games. Unfortunately this is a prebuilt and nobody is responding to me so I don't think I could RMA anything. I've also tried changing voltages turning off XMP turning on PCI DMI ASPM settings.

Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX 3060 Ti
16 GB 3600 MHz OLOY RAM
Gigabyte A520 DSH Motherboard
BIOS version FG13g
700W Apevia Power Supply
Apevia Predator ATX RGB Mid Tower Case.

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
WHEA = windows hardware error Architecture, its an error called...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
WHEA = windows hardware error Architecture, its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it. Can be caused by any hardware and drivers

Can be caused by overclocking so remove any you have
can be caused by overclocking software so remove anything like Ryzen master, MSI Afterburner, I can't think of anything Gigabyte might have for motherboards.
Can be caused by overheating

it could be the PSU - link - they aren't a good brand and if its happening in games, maybe. PSU are one of the harder items to test but we can wait to look at dump results. WHEA errors don't normally tell me a great deal in the stack text but I can at least see what drivers are running.

If it is hardware, do you need to get it fixed by them or did they give you details of all parts in PC?

Solution