WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching youtube

Jun 10, 2018
Hello!
So recently I got a bluescreen with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have gotten this bluescreen a few times before and it has always happened when I'm in chrome watching youtube or twitch. From what I remember, I don't have that many tabs up when it happens. I did notice that the youtube video started to stutter a bit a few minutes before I got the bluescreen.
My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
RAM: 16GB DDR3 800MHz
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3
GPU: MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
PSU: Corsair RM650x
Storage: 2x Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

Colif

Win 11 Master
is that a 4690K or non K? If non k, why get a Z97 motherboard?

if it is a K CPU, are you over clocked?

WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture. Its a error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
Can be caused by overclocking software if you aren't actually overclocked yourself. So remove MSI Afterburner if installed.
Can be caused by heat but I wouldn't expect YouTube videos to create that much heat unless you watch 4k videos

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Go to utility tab of this page and download/install/run Live Update 6. It will scan motherboard and show any newer drivers you might need. MIght also suggest newer bios though there hasn't been one of those for 2 years now

TRENDING THREADS