[SOLVED] Wheel Alignment software and drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcompany2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018
Ok so the shop I work for was in need of a new wheel alignment machine. I bought pieces of one from china........could be a mistake but cost a lot less and the owner was not going to spring for the 20 grand for a new system from here in the states. anyways I got a new camera beam. this houses a usb hub board for 2 cameras and a lifting motor. the cameras are monochrome cmos usb 2.0. I put together a pc for this using a refurbished dell t3610 with a e-1620 v2 3.7 quad 16gb ecc 1866 ddr3, nvidia k2000 gpu and a 512gb intel 545s ssd running windows 10 pro. The supplier said the software was for windows 7 so I didn't think I would have much of an issue with 10. installing the software today I could not communicate with the cameras. checking device manager I seen 2 unknown devices. I could not locate the drivers online or in any of the installation media I was provided. Software itself acting a little strange but working. I moved to a windows 7 laptop we had around. same issues except windows 7 found the driver package for the cameras but could not install it. Then I moved to our old windows xp machine software installed perfect and cameras connected automatically installed 5 drivers. (2 for each camera and 1 for the hub board) I ran the program and It worked great. This machine is old and slow I really don't want to use it. I've been researching online and found that installing xp in a vm results in it expiring in 30 days requiring a re install. I emailed the seller to see if there are some newer drivers but If not does anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I spent all day pissing around with compatibility modes on the 10 machine and the 7 laptop but that doesn't really help with drivers. Can I maybe since the xp machine found the drivers steal them from the xp machine and try to install them in compatibility mode on the 10 machine? sorry for the ramble I've been at this all day. just a note this software usually comes pre installed one units. the software is from Snap-on and they do not make any drivers for public download.

fastcompany2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018

Yes I fully understand what I did. Part of the reason I did this vs trying to find a used system here in the states is I thought I was buying something I could maintain. We have alot of snap-on equipment and repairs are a nightmare. I've lost all confidence in trying to get our service rep in any sort of a timely manner. I would still like to know if there is a way to copy the drivers over from the xp machine to with windows 10. At the end of the day tomorrow the alignment machine needs to be online. If the issue isn't resolved then I'm tossing in my old dell xp machine to make it work for now.

Jul 31, 2023

Yes I fully understand what I did. Part of the reason I did this vs trying to find a used system here in the states is I thought I was buying something I could maintain. We have alot of snap-on equipment and repairs are a nightmare. I've lost all confidence in trying to get our service rep in any sort of a timely manner. I would still like to know if there is a way to copy the drivers over from the xp machine to with windows 10. At the end of the day tomorrow the alignment machine needs to be online. If the issue isn't resolved then I'm tossing in my old dell xp machine to make it work for now.
Hello! Excuse me, but I would like to know if there would be any possibility for you to share the software pro 32 alignment with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.