When are amd releasing a new preformance cpu?

christoffe93

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Hi guys was just wonder if anyone knows anything about the next generation high end cpu's for the gamers which will replace 9590 fx. I've been searching all over and I've not seen anything about a new cpu being released this year or even next year.

Solution
I hope they do come back fighting like they did with the phenom ii, it would be a shame to see the end of there performance cpu's im personally a fan of amd and always will be, i think Intel prices are ridiculous and boring. To me amd cpu's are like the Nissan skyline of cpu's cheap and a lot of fun and intel are the Bentley of cpu's to expensive, boring and come with the trimmings you don't need. I think amd messed up last time around with the bulldozer and piledriver by not using true cores, if they could some how stick with true cores and use the new steam roller or excavator cores which will probably be a 20nm process by then and lower voltages they could probably pull off a decent cpu.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Because AMD has given up on the highend cpu market to concentrate on the mobile market and their "APUs"

I think there will be at least one more Piledriver refresh though coming at some point. You can expect similar performance though.

christoffe93

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
I hope they do come back fighting like they did with the phenom ii, it would be a shame to see the end of there performance cpu's im personally a fan of amd and always will be, i think Intel prices are ridiculous and boring. To me amd cpu's are like the Nissan skyline of cpu's cheap and a lot of fun and intel are the Bentley of cpu's to expensive, boring and come with the trimmings you don't need. I think amd messed up last time around with the bulldozer and piledriver by not using true cores, if they could some how stick with true cores and use the new steam roller or excavator cores which will probably be a 20nm process by then and lower voltages they could probably pull off a decent cpu.

Solution