[SOLVED] When building a new pc what are some things to lookout for?

Solution
Be sure that you plug things the correct side, place the cpu gently in the socket so it slides in itself. For the standoffs just place as many as your motherboard gets. Be careful not to bend the gpu when placing it. Also watch out for the pins when connecting usb and audio cables and you are fine.

larsv8

Distinguished
Hard to really break anything. More likely something isnt connected right, and it just doesn't post, but that is not going to to break something.

Just watch a video on how to seat a processor. Bent pins can "break" so avoid that and you are good.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hard to really break anything. More likely something isnt connected right, and it just doesn't post, but that is not going to to break something.

Just watch a video on how to seat a processor. Bent pins can "break" so avoid that and you are good.
I was thinking I would like put a 4+4 in a 6+2 or put an extra standoff or something which to my knowledge would break it

Mar 25, 2020
Be sure that you plug things the correct side, place the cpu gently in the socket so it slides in itself. For the standoffs just place as many as your motherboard gets. Be careful not to bend the gpu when placing it. Also watch out for the pins when connecting usb and audio cables and you are fine.

Solution