[SOLVED] When can I get more info on Intel's just announced desktop CPU?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I watched the Intel keynote at CES but I did not see them talking about detailed specifications of the new i9 CPUs. Anybody knows where we can get more info and availability? I just bought i9-9900K but due to delays in delivery of some key components, I have not built the computer yet. I also have not opened the box for the CPU nor the motherboard. If more suitable CPU is available for purchase soon, perhaps I just return the i9-9900K.

Solution

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-ces-2019-10nm-cpu,38365.html
"The company announced new 9th Gen Core products, although it didn't give us actual specifications or model numbers. The company is also shipping its Cascade Lake processors. "

That info does not exist in public yet.

USAFRet

Titan

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-ces-2019-10nm-cpu,38365.html
"The company announced new 9th Gen Core products, although it didn't give us actual specifications or model numbers. The company is also shipping its Cascade Lake processors. "

That info does not exist in public yet.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

The only people that know "when" are employed by Intel.
Might be next week, might be 6 months before any of these enter the actual retail pipeline. Maybe even later until the first bugs are found and fixed.

And if you can't get one of these until June, CES 2020 is only a few months after that. With another announcement.
There is always something new on the horizon.

USAFRet

Titan

I was just about to post this here...:lol:
You beat me by about 1 minute.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I would wait until at least tomorrow before I'd feel comfortable that it'll be several months. AMD will be showing "something" off tomorrow. Probably won't beat a 9900k gaming anyway but I wouldn't pull the trigger on any build until after their keynote speach tomorrow. I would be utterly shocked if it was a launch but a timetable and a bit of info could be given out