[SOLVED] When color calibrating, hdr on or off?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have a 4k 144hz monitor that I've been using for games/every day web browsing etc. I have a Spyder x colorimeter thingy in the mail coming my way to "see" if it makes a difference. My monitor only does 418 nits brightness, but hdr on the panel makes everything look better to me ... Do I keep hdr on when calibrating?

Solution
I have a 4k 144hz monitor that I've been using for games/every day web browsing etc. I have a Spyder x colorimeter thingy in the mail coming my way to "see" if it makes a difference. My monitor only does 418 nits brightness, but hdr on the panel makes everything look better to me ... Do I keep hdr on when calibrating?
Try it both ways.

But if you''re going to have the hdr on all the time, I expect that is what you want on when you calibrate.

USAFRet

Titan
Try it both ways.

But if you''re going to have the hdr on all the time, I expect that is what you want on when you calibrate.

Solution