When computer wakes from sleep nothing works?

Jul 21, 2018
I am having a strange issue with my PC
When I wake my computer up from sleep mode whether it went to sleep because of idle or I selected sleep, nothing seems to work. If I open chrome it stops responding, it seems as though the internet is out as well but the ethernet icon does not change even if I unplug the ethernet cable, it doesnt show disconnected. I am not sure what is going on here, can anyone help?
when I restart everything goes back to normal

Solution

I liked Windows 7 myself. And there are many things I dislike about Widows 10 (forced Windows 10 updates of device drivers for example). But if this is the only problem, then just a reinstall of Windows 7 should work fine.

But if you are thinking of upgrading to Windows 10, then you could solve both at the same time.

But give the Windows 7 troubleshooter a try. That is another thing I hate about Windows 10. The Windows 10 troubleshooter doesn't do much, and it often locks up the PC! A search for new hardware will lock the PC up every single time!
Go to the Power menu under the System icon of Windows. There you can change or disable sleep or power off settings.

You an try the Windows troubleshooter. But since it is a windows setting, a repair update or a fresh install of windows may be necessary to fix it.

Jul 21, 2018

but why do I need to disable sleep? I want it to sleep the problem is it doesnt work when woken up.
this is a fresh install of windows 7 pro. I just clean installed windows
I checked all drivers as well for problems and they're all up to date

You may need to disable it until you have it corrected. With the Windows troubleshooter the problem may be corrected with just an update. Just changing the sleep parameters may do the trick.

Jul 21, 2018
Should I consider upgrading to windows 10? I've always favored 7 and I don't want to upgrade but i've installed windows so many times. It's getting ridiculous already

I liked Windows 7 myself. And there are many things I dislike about Widows 10 (forced Windows 10 updates of device drivers for example). But if this is the only problem, then just a reinstall of Windows 7 should work fine.

But if you are thinking of upgrading to Windows 10, then you could solve both at the same time.

But give the Windows 7 troubleshooter a try. That is another thing I hate about Windows 10. The Windows 10 troubleshooter doesn't do much, and it often locks up the PC! A search for new hardware will lock the PC up every single time!

Solution