When do the ATI 5850 or 5870 special coling versions come

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
To be honest, the vapor-X cooling design that Sapphire has been using isn't much quieter. We should see them in Novmeber, you must keep in mind that supply of the stock versions are quite low right now.

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
which is the quiet then?

besides wtaer cooling which im afraid to do, cauz my neighbor had WC and a tube broke destroyed the whole system.

jansen_stewart

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Some disappointing news for anyone awaiting the possibility of a Sapphire 5850 vapor-x, see email from Sapphire's tech dept below:

From: tech@althonmicro.com

Subject: RE: release date for ATI 5850 vapor-x?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

Tech

Sapphire Technology
Tech Support Center

280 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
Fax. 1-909-594-9771
www.sapphiretech.com

From: tech@althonmicro.com

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

Tech

Sapphire Technology
Tech Support Center

280 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
Fax. 1-909-594-9771
www.sapphiretech.com

avenger386

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009

are you sure it's loud?

my 5770 is pretty quiet compared to the passive cooled 4350 i had in the case previously. I assume the 5850 is similar (cooling solution). and prob only loud running full steam in which case the sounds from the game will drown it out anyway.