When do you think the so-called Titan II and 390X are coming and what do want/expect from them?

Ngale

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
Yes, I understand they may not even be called those titles. Anyway, when do you think they may come out? Some people say in a couple months, some say end of 2015, and some even say 2016. I have no idea who to believe. I'm assuming it should just be a 'We don't know", I just want some community opinion. In addition, what do you want from them?

I hope it's soon and I hope they can run 3 x 1440p monitors (gaming on primary monitor, other two for misc.) on a single card w/ great 40-60+ fps. Those are my "wishes" for the new cards.

Thanks!

Solution
Hello,

well as you guessed no one really knows. However it seems likely that the new AMD cards will be out probably in March, as they need to compete with Nvidia's new cards. They have been working on them for a long time too. Nvidia will likely launch a new flag ship GPU around May in response. They will want to see what AMD has first so they can tweak their card to be faster if need be.

As for what I hope for from them, well the Nvidia card I don't really hope for much. I'm not one to buy a GPU that high end. For the AMD cards, I have came to favor them a bit so I hope for a GPU capable of competing with the R9 280x that only requires one 6-pin PCI-E connector. Mostly cause I have decided I want to stay with an energy efficient...
Hello,

well as you guessed no one really knows. However it seems likely that the new AMD cards will be out probably in March, as they need to compete with Nvidia's new cards. They have been working on them for a long time too. Nvidia will likely launch a new flag ship GPU around May in response. They will want to see what AMD has first so they can tweak their card to be faster if need be.

As for what I hope for from them, well the Nvidia card I don't really hope for much. I'm not one to buy a GPU that high end. For the AMD cards, I have came to favor them a bit so I hope for a GPU capable of competing with the R9 280x that only requires one 6-pin PCI-E connector. Mostly cause I have decided I want to stay with an energy efficient system and set a power limit for all my future builds at that. Though likely I won't buy either, my Radeon 7850 is still serving me well.

Solution