when exactly does pokemon come out?

I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know that
most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then it
arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what day
will the games actually be in stores next week?

--
John Salerno

John Salerno wrote:

> I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know that
> most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then it
> arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what day
> will the games actually be in stores next week?

Maybe you should just set up a tent now, just to be on the safe side.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2pkh0rFld6ahU2@uni-berlin.de...
> John Salerno wrote:
>
> > I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know
that
> > most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then
it
> > arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what
day
> > will the games actually be in stores next week?
> >
> Maybe you should just set up a tent now, just to be on the safe side.

I'm tempted...

>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday,

Actually, Sept. 9th is a Thursday. :)

Jon-

Cartoon Quote-
"Now one close call would be enough to send a smart guy runnin', but Daggett
never had the sense the good lord gave an onion" (Angry Beavers: "The Legend
of Kid Friendly").

"JDJF03" <jdjf03@aol.computer> wrote in message

>>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday,
>>

> Actually, Sept. 9th is a Thursday. :)

Oops, even more confusing! :)

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
>> Maybe you should just set up a tent now, just to be on the safe side.
>
> I'm tempted...

I'll bring the lightsabers.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message

> "JDJF03" <jdjf03@aol.computer> wrote in message
> >
> >>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday,
> >>

> > Actually, Sept. 9th is a Thursday. :)
>
> Oops, even more confusing! :)

Related in a way, does anyone know how much money they will be? Canadian
would be good.

daramark

"daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Related in a way, does anyone know how much money they will be? Canadian
> would be good.

Hmmm. I just checked on Amazon.com to be sure, and I'm a little curious now.
There is a package listed as "Pokemon Leaf Green (or Fire Red) with Wireless
Adapter and Pocket Trainer's Guide" for $39.99 ($52.24 CAD). There is also
"Pokemon Leaf Green (or Fire Red) with Wireless Adapter" (no guide) for
$29.99 ($39.17 CAD). I'm not sure if this means you can buy either package
in stores for those prices, or if that is just the pre-order deal. Amazon
took off $10 for the one without the guide (even though the guide is
supposed to be a free pre-order thing). I'm pretty sure that it will be
$39.99 in stores, even without the guide, because the adapter is included.

Anyone know if maybe it will sell for $29.99?

>I'm pretty sure that it will be
$39.99 in stores, even without the guide, >because the adapter is included.

Actually, have read the Adapter is a freebe with the game.

Jon-

Cartoon Quote-
"Now one close call would be enough to send a smart guy runnin', but Daggett
never had the sense the good lord gave an onion" (Angry Beavers: "The Legend
of Kid Friendly").

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
> Hmmm. I just checked on Amazon.com to be sure, and I'm a little
> curious now. There is a package listed as "Pokemon Leaf Green (or
> Fire Red) with Wireless Adapter and Pocket Trainer's Guide" for
> $39.99 ($52.24 CAD). There is also "Pokemon Leaf Green (or Fire Red)
> with Wireless Adapter" (no guide) for $29.99 ($39.17 CAD). I'm not
> sure if this means you can buy either package in stores for those
> prices, or if that is just the pre-order deal. Amazon took off $10
> for the one without the guide (even though the guide is supposed to
> be a free pre-order thing). I'm pretty sure that it will be $39.99 in
> stores, even without the guide, because the adapter is included.

In-store USA, many places are giving away the pocket guide as a ($5)
pre-order bonus; I guess Amazon is selling it as a set.

Gamestop.com (possibly different from in-store) is selling FR/LG with
"bonus" guide for $34.99, which IIRC was what release Ruby cost. I'd expect
anywhere from $30 to $34.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

"DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
> In-store USA, many places are giving away the pocket guide as a ($5)
> pre-order bonus; I guess Amazon is selling it as a set.
>
> Gamestop.com (possibly different from in-store) is selling FR/LG with
> "bonus" guide for $34.99, which IIRC was what release Ruby cost. I'd
> expect
> anywhere from $30 to $34.

Ah. I thought I read somewhere that the reason the MSRP is $39.99 is because
of the adapter. Well, that's great if it's being sold for $29.99. I'm going
to go to Gamestop and ask if I can buy a trainer's guide, but I don't want
to preorder it because I have a 10% coupon for Best Buy.

p.s. what exactly is in the trainer's guide? anything beyond basic info?

> "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
>> In-store USA, many places are giving away the pocket guide as a ($5)
>> pre-order bonus; I guess Amazon is selling it as a set.
>>
>> Gamestop.com (possibly different from in-store) is selling FR/LG with
>> "bonus" guide for $34.99, which IIRC was what release Ruby cost. I'd
>> expect
>> anywhere from $30 to $34.
>
> Ah. I thought I read somewhere that the reason the MSRP is $39.99 is
> because of the adapter. Well, that's great if it's being sold for $29.99.
> I'm going to go to Gamestop and ask if I can buy a trainer's guide, but I
> don't want to preorder it because I have a 10% coupon for Best Buy.

JDJF03 <jdjf03@aol.computer> wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that it will be
> $39.99 in stores, even without the guide, >because the adapter is
> included.
>>

> Actually, have read the Adapter is a freebe with the game.

'tis, 'tis. In the box.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know that
> most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then it
> arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what
> day
> will the games actually be in stores next week?

I talked to the guys at Gamestop a couple of days ago, and they said they
would get it on Sep. 7.

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know that
>> most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then it
>> arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what
>> day
>> will the games actually be in stores next week?
>
> I talked to the guys at Gamestop a couple of days ago, and they said they
> would get it on Sep. 7.

That'd be nice, but I'm thinking it might ship on the 7th. Although it makes
sense that it would ship the 6th (a Monday) and Gamestop would have it the
next day.

"daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Related in a way, does anyone know how much money they will be? Canadian
> would be good.

I should have gone through the flyers. The preorder price is $44.99 each,
10 bucks down. And in the flyers they say it can be picked up on the 9th
Sept. Our preorder freebe is a Pokemon schoolbag.

I must really scream about that. What in god's great green earth am I (at
34) supposed to do with a schoolbag? It doesn't even look big enough to be a
purse for me, but I haven't seen it in person yet. At least the guide would
be useful.

The price will probably come down after Christmas. Maybe. Hey, that means
that I will be able to get them for Mother's Day. In 8 or 9 months.....
<sigh>

daramark

EB Games is getting it on Sept. 8th - the retail price for the game is $34.99.

The Pocket trainer's guide does cover the general points of the franchise, as
well as a look at some of the features that Leaf/Fire will have in particular.
Runt
"Slow and steady wins the race."

> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>>>I know the release date is Sept. 9, but that's a Tuesday, and I know that
>>> most of the time Nintendo lists the ship date, which is a Monday. Then
>>> it
>>> arrives in stores within the next two days. So I'm just wondering, what
>>> day
>>> will the games actually be in stores next week?
>>
>> I talked to the guys at Gamestop a couple of days ago, and they said they
>> would get it on Sep. 7.
>
> That'd be nice, but I'm thinking it might ship on the 7th. Although it
> makes sense that it would ship the 6th (a Monday) and Gamestop would have
> it the next day.

That's what they said, the company paid for air shipment and they're sending
somebody to the airport to pick it up.

>> That'd be nice, but I'm thinking it might ship on the 7th. Although it
>> makes sense that it would ship the 6th (a Monday) and Gamestop would have
>> it the next day.
>
> That's what they said, the company paid for air shipment and they're
> sending somebody to the airport to pick it up.

Then that might just be your local store. I'll do what I always do, and call
first anyway! :)

Okay, here's the skinny...

The trainer's guide really only has a tear-out map of Kanto, and some very
basic poke info. It also has some teaser info, but nothing that we haven't
seen on this newsgroup already.

$34.99 is the actual MSRP, but this may vary slightly with your location's
cost of living. The wireless adapter *does* come free with it, and the
Trainer's guide *is* a free giveaway for reserving a copy of the game.
Don't pay extra for the TG, spend that money on a strategy guide instead
(available now), for the huge pokedex inside. (Side note...Mew, Celebi and
Lugia not available in the US...what's THAT about?!?)

And....as for reserving the game, c'mon now. John, you've been dealing with
Nintendo products long enough to know that they are going to be stingy with
how many copies are going to be available. I work in the video game
industry, and we received an e-mail two days ago stating the tight
allocation of this game. Go, reserve the game at Gamestop. Then you know
you have one. Then go try to get it wherever you have the coupon...if you
get it, great, go get your $5.00 back. If it's not at Best Buy, you at
least have one waiting for you at GameStop. Then you can get 20% off the
strat guide for buying it at the same time as the game.

snorkdoggle wrote:
> Okay, here's the skinny...
>
> The trainer's guide really only has a tear-out map of Kanto, and some
> very basic poke info. It also has some teaser info, but nothing that
> we haven't seen on this newsgroup already.
>
> $34.99 is the actual MSRP, but this may vary slightly with your
> location's cost of living. The wireless adapter *does* come free
> with it, and the Trainer's guide *is* a free giveaway for reserving a
> copy of the game. Don't pay extra for the TG, spend that money on a
> strategy guide instead (available now), for the huge pokedex inside.
> (Side note...Mew, Celebi and Lugia not available in the US...what's
> THAT about?!?)
>
> And....as for reserving the game, c'mon now. John, you've been
> dealing with Nintendo products long enough to know that they are
> going to be stingy with how many copies are going to be available. I
> work in the video game industry, and we received an e-mail two days
> ago stating the tight allocation of this game. Go, reserve the game
> at Gamestop. Then you know you have one. Then go try to get it
> wherever you have the coupon...if you get it, great, go get your
> $5.00 back. If it's not at Best Buy, you at least have one waiting
> for you at GameStop. Then you can get 20% off the strat guide for
> buying it at the same time as the game.
>

> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
>>> In-store USA, many places are giving away the pocket guide as a ($5)
>>> pre-order bonus; I guess Amazon is selling it as a set.
>>>
>>> Gamestop.com (possibly different from in-store) is selling FR/LG
>>> with "bonus" guide for $34.99, which IIRC was what release Ruby
>>> cost. I'd expect
>>> anywhere from $30 to $34.
>>
>> Ah. I thought I read somewhere that the reason the MSRP is $39.99 is
>> because of the adapter. Well, that's great if it's being sold for
>> $29.99. I'm going to go to Gamestop and ask if I can buy a trainer's
>> guide, but I don't want to preorder it because I have a 10% coupon
>> for Best Buy.

wouldn't it be too late to reserve now anyway? and yeah, i definitely plan
to get the strategy guide, so the 20% discount won't be much less than the
10% on the game, but does that discount count for any guide, or just
nintendo's?

John Salerno wrote:
> snorkdoggle wrote:
>> Okay, here's the skinny...
>>
>> The trainer's guide really only has a tear-out map of Kanto, and some
>> very basic poke info. It also has some teaser info, but nothing that
>> we haven't seen on this newsgroup already.
>>
>> $34.99 is the actual MSRP, but this may vary slightly with your
>> location's cost of living. The wireless adapter *does* come free
>> with it, and the Trainer's guide *is* a free giveaway for reserving a
>> copy of the game. Don't pay extra for the TG, spend that money on a
>> strategy guide instead (available now), for the huge pokedex inside.
>> (Side note...Mew, Celebi and Lugia not available in the US...what's
>> THAT about?!?)
>>
>> And....as for reserving the game, c'mon now. John, you've been
>> dealing with Nintendo products long enough to know that they are
>> going to be stingy with how many copies are going to be available. I
>> work in the video game industry, and we received an e-mail two days
>> ago stating the tight allocation of this game. Go, reserve the game
>> at Gamestop. Then you know you have one. Then go try to get it
>> wherever you have the coupon...if you get it, great, go get your
>> $5.00 back. If it's not at Best Buy, you at least have one waiting
>> for you at GameStop. Then you can get 20% off the strat guide for
>> buying it at the same time as the game.
>>

>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message

>>> Ah. I thought I read somewhere that the reason the MSRP is $39.99 is
>>> because of the adapter. Well, that's great if it's being sold for
>>> $29.99. I'm going to go to Gamestop and ask if I can buy a trainer's
>>> guide, but I don't want to preorder it because I have a 10% coupon
>>> for Best Buy.
>
> wouldn't it be too late to reserve now anyway? and yeah, i definitely
> plan to get the strategy guide, so the 20% discount won't be much
> less than the 10% on the game, but does that discount count for any
> guide, or just nintendo's?

no, not too late, and you've convinced me...i'm going to reserve it
tomorrow...the discount on the guide will be almost as much, or more if the
guide is $19.99, as the best buy coupon...i can always use the coupon later
for another game...

"snorkdoggle" <snorkdoggle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Okay, here's the skinny...
>
> The trainer's guide really only has a tear-out map of Kanto, and some very
> basic poke info. It also has some teaser info, but nothing that we
haven't
> seen on this newsgroup already.
>
> $34.99 is the actual MSRP, but this may vary slightly with your location's
> cost of living. The wireless adapter *does* come free with it, and the
> Trainer's guide *is* a free giveaway for reserving a copy of the game.
> Don't pay extra for the TG, spend that money on a strategy guide instead
> (available now), for the huge pokedex inside. (Side note...Mew, Celebi
and
> Lugia not available in the US...what's THAT about?!?)
>
> And....as for reserving the game, c'mon now. John, you've been dealing
with
> Nintendo products long enough to know that they are going to be stingy
with
> how many copies are going to be available. I work in the video game
> industry, and we received an e-mail two days ago stating the tight
> allocation of this game. Go, reserve the game at Gamestop. Then you know
> you have one. Then go try to get it wherever you have the coupon...if you
> get it, great, go get your $5.00 back. If it's not at Best Buy, you at
> least have one waiting for you at GameStop. Then you can get 20% off the
> strat guide for buying it at the same time as the game.

You have all the luck. I would love to work at a video game store, in a
mall, during the day, no weekends, no evenings....

And both Best Buy and Future Shop have an SP sale for $99. (about 40 bucks
off!) and someone has a one day, Thursday the 9th, sale on FR/LG for 39.99
(about 5 bucks off).

All prices Canadian, and the flyers are from Oshawa, but they are big
chains, and it is probably where ever there is a store.

daramark

snorkdoggle wrote:
> And....as for reserving the game, c'mon now. John, you've been
> dealing with Nintendo products long enough to know that they are
> going to be stingy with how many copies are going to be available.

Actually, it's been my experience that every game I've looked for has been
available (unless it was a much older game). Nothing new has ever been hard
to find for me. How is it for most people?