Question When gaming (PUBG) the mouse will temporarily freeze and PC makes an audible two-tone beep

Feb 4, 2019
Win 10, Logitech M5xx USB/Corded, 1060GTX 6GB, USB Keyboard (Logitech), ASUS ROG STRIX Z570-E, 1080p G-Sync monitor (G-sync is off). Audio compressor (Voicemeter Banana)

I only seem to have this happen during game and it occurs when I have one or more buttons depressed on the keyboard while simultaneously moving the mouse. Example (A,W,S,D depressed and then moving mouse L/R/Up/Down.

Online searches suggest this is a common problem but I have yet to come across a workable solution. Some say it's a Win 10 driver problem, others say it's related to NVIDA drivers (Audio) or whether NVIDA is doing screen scaling vs the program.

I've been having to deal with this for perhaps 1-2 months now. I noticed that my FPS dropped a couple of weeks ago. I used to get well over 144 now it's down around 70.

Any insight would be helpful.

TIA

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't know what causes it, but I have a similar issue - however, it's NOT limited to gaming.

I think the sound you're hearing is the USB-connected USB-disconnected sound. I Have a Logitech ergonomic mouse, and sometimes, it repeatedly disconnects/reconnects.

It also happens with my Linux system (no sound, though), so I strongly doubt it's a driver problem. Just something with some Logitech mice (and, possibly keyboards? Not really sure if your keyboard is tied to the issue per se).

Try with a different mouse, and see if the problem goes away.

Feb 4, 2019
I don't know what causes it, but I have a similar issue - however, it's NOT limited to gaming.

I think the sound you're hearing is the USB-connected USB-disconnected sound. I Have a Logitech ergonomic mouse, and sometimes, it repeatedly disconnects/reconnects.

It also happens with my Linux system (no sound, though), so I strongly doubt it's a driver problem. Just something with some Logitech mice (and, possibly keyboards? Not really sure if your keyboard is tied to the issue per se).

Try with a different mouse, and see if the problem goes away.

Ya, I was wondering if it was hardware issue such as crimped wired, or something inside the mouse itself. Unfortunately I do not have another mouse. Perhaps it's time for a replacement.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Could be. I like the ergonomic mouse, and wish it worked properly. For most of my use, it's "good enough" if a little annoying at times.

I think I might have to bite the bullet and look for a non-Logitech ergonomic mouse, though. A shame - one would think that a simple, wired mouse (and mine is not a gaming mouse) would not be all that difficult to make be reliable.

Feb 4, 2019
UPDATE: Still having the issue. It appears to occur more often when I have something running in the background like a web page.

Is this a PSU issue? Resources?