[SOLVED] When i built my pc, the monitor displayed no signal and keyboard/mouse did not light up. Is it due to insufficient power from psu?

Apr 8, 2021
Here is my specs:
Cpu: Amd ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: asrock b550 phantom gaming 4 atx am4
Memory: Corsair vengeance rgb pro (2 x 8 gb) (i have 16 gb ram total)
ssd: Samsung 860 evo 1 TB 2.5”
gpu: geforce rtx 2070 super 8gb
Case: lian li lancool 2 mesh atx
Psu: corsair txm gold 650 W 80+ atx psu
Case fan: corsair LL220 63 CFM 120 mm
cpu cooler: corsair h100i RGB platinum SE 63 CFM
corsair rgb hub

My motherboard had two red lights on it for the cpu and ram, but nothing is wrong with both, or any other parts that I have. Also my case would not turn off the pc, even if I held down power button. Does this indicate I need to upgrade my psu?

Solution
Thank you so much for the reply I deeply appreciate it. I forgot to mention though that I checked my cpu pins and they are not bent or anything (from what my eye could see). Also, I had 4 ram so all the slots were used. Anyways, I will definitely try that last part. Thank you!

So you have 4x4GB for 16GB total or 4x8GB for 32GB total?

Yeah remove that system from the case and test it with the bare minimum and see if it post. You can even short the 2 power button pins with a flat screwdriver to start the system.
Hi hansolvc82.

That PSU should be enough for your system and it's a decent model.

Reseat the RAM and make sure they are in A2-B2 slots.

If that doesn't work you should remove the system from the case and build it on your motherboard box with only the minimum installed. CPU, GPU, 1 stick of RAM.

Could check for bent pins too on the CPU.

Reactions: hansolvc82
Apr 8, 2021
Hi hansolvc82.

That PSU should be enough for your system and it's a decent model.

Reseat the RAM and make sure they are in A2-B2 slots.

If that doesn't work you should remove the system from the case and build it on your motherboard box with only the minimum installed. CPU, GPU, 1 stick of RAM.

Could check for bent pins too on the CPU.

Thank you so much for the reply I deeply appreciate it. I forgot to mention though that I checked my cpu pins and they are not bent or anything (from what my eye could see). Also, I had 4 ram so all the slots were used. Anyways, I will definitely try that last part. Thank you!

Yeah remove that system from the case and test it with the bare minimum and see if it post. You can even short the 2 power button pins with a flat screwdriver to start the system.

Solution
Apr 8, 2021

Oh, I'm so sorry! Lol I have 2x8 GB for 32GB total. And I just remembered, I did do a test previously, with mobo on box and used the cpu, gpu, and psu (and i don't remember if ram was plugged in, I think it was but not sure) but those 2 red lights still appeared on my motherboard. And the same issue was with my monitor and keyboard/mouse. So first assumption was motherboard is DOA

Oh, I'm so sorry! Lol I have 2x8 GB for 32GB total. And I just remembered, I did do a test previously, with mobo on box and used the cpu, gpu, and psu (and i don't remember if ram was plugged in, I think it was but not sure) but those 2 red lights still appeared on my motherboard. And the same issue was with my monitor and keyboard/mouse. So first assumption was motherboard is DOA
Yeah, it can't be a PSU issue. First possibility is that your RAM can be defective, that's why it refused to boot. It is unlikely for all of your RAM sticks to be defective, so try installing only one RAM and see if it boots. If it still doesn't boot then it might be that all of your sticks are defective, the motherboard is defective or that the CPU is defective (albeit unlikely). Also, have you tried updating BIOS and see what happens?