[SOLVED] When I connect my VPN I lose my dual pc LAN setup! can u guys help ?

Mar 28, 2019
Hi guys!
my main PC has a wifi connection to internet and an ethernet connetion to my other PC !
I set these IP to connect my 2 PC and share some stuff over the LAN cable ! 192.168.20.10 (main PC) and 192.168.20.20 (second PC)
when I connect my cisco anyconnect VPN , It will cause my LAN setup to time out and lost connection!
I need help to make this stop and connect to my other PC without having to disconnect my VPN every time I need a file from my second PC !
can u guys offer me a way out of this ?

Solution
If you purchase the vpn service you can likely change what ever you like. Just look up how to configure the split tunnel.

Anyconnect is licensed software and generally is only used by large companies which is why I added the limitations. It is almost exclusively used to connect to cisco vpn appliances.

If you are getting access to some companies private network they can make any rule they want it is there network . Companies pay huge money to run anyconnect because of its abilities to lock down the end clients. It is normally used on company owned machines
In general what you want to do is run what is called split tunnel. It allows certain traffic to not use the VPN and go directly. You can exclude the ip block of your lan.

Anyconnect is a special case. This is a enterprise vpn client and has many more features than most consumer vpn clients. The most important ones related to you are the central management. The default setting is extremely strict many times you can not even print to local printers when the vpn is active. It does support split tunnel but if you do not fully control the client the second you change anything it will disconnect the vpn and the vpn will not connect if you have a configuration that the central controller does not authorize

So it is actually really easy to add the subnet to bypass the vpn BUT you have to be the actual administrator if this is controlled by your company you likely will need to contact them for assistance.

Mar 28, 2019
In general what you want to do is run what is called split tunnel. It allows certain traffic to not use the VPN and go directly. You can exclude the ip block of your lan.

Anyconnect is a special case. This is a enterprise vpn client and has many more features than most consumer vpn clients. The most important ones related to you are the central management. The default setting is extremely strict many times you can not even print to local printers when the vpn is active. It does support split tunnel but if you do not fully control the client the second you change anything it will disconnect the vpn and the vpn will not connect if you have a configuration that the central controller does not authorize

So it is actually really easy to add the subnet to bypass the vpn BUT you have to be the actual administrator if this is controlled by your company you likely will need to contact them for assistance.
so I can't connect to my own LAN when VPN is connected without the VPN provider let me ?
that's not right ...
it's my own PC and i want to use the LAN cable for local network and stop VPN from effecting it !

If you purchase the vpn service you can likely change what ever you like. Just look up how to configure the split tunnel.

Anyconnect is licensed software and generally is only used by large companies which is why I added the limitations. It is almost exclusively used to connect to cisco vpn appliances.

If you are getting access to some companies private network they can make any rule they want it is there network . Companies pay huge money to run anyconnect because of its abilities to lock down the end clients. It is normally used on company owned machines

Solution