[SOLVED] When i increase my vram in bios from 32mb to 64mb total, video memory is decreased?

Jun 25, 2021
when i try to increase my vram from bios i found 2 option there:
first is igd when i set it to 32 mb my system show 8gb not any usable message
but when i set it to 64 mb my system show 7.88gb usable

and 2nd one is dvmt/fixed memory it was at 128mb at deafult but when i set it to 256mb or max dvmt nothing seems to be happend

but my main problem is that when i select 32mb vram from bios my total video memory is 4180 mb\
but when i set it to 64 mb my total video memory shows 4164
can anyone tell why it is decreasing instead of increasing ?

Solution
processor= i3 7100
ram=4gb drr3 1333mhz+4gb ddr3 1600mhz
hdd=tosiba 1tb
gpu=intel hd 630
motherboard=ecs h110m-s102 [but show acer during boot and also shows acer on other applications]

So as you have an integrated video card, the video card has no dedicated video memory, it has to share the memory with the system.

Generally speaking, what you set in the Bios (32MB / 64MB / 128MB...) has little to no importance, the amount of video memory is allocated dynamically depending on the available system memory. The common formula is max usable video memory + what you set in the Bios.

For example, on my computer, the integrated video card actually pretends that it has 1631MB usable, I have set the graphic memory in the Bios to 128MB...
processor= i3 7100
ram=4gb drr3 1333mhz+4gb ddr3 1600mhz
hdd=tosiba 1tb
gpu=intel hd 630
motherboard=ecs h110m-s102 [but show acer during boot and also shows acer on other applications]

So as you have an integrated video card, the video card has no dedicated video memory, it has to share the memory with the system.

Generally speaking, what you set in the Bios (32MB / 64MB / 128MB...) has little to no importance, the amount of video memory is allocated dynamically depending on the available system memory. The common formula is max usable video memory + what you set in the Bios.

For example, on my computer, the integrated video card actually pretends that it has 1631MB usable, I have set the graphic memory in the Bios to 128MB, so the total video memory is 1631MB + 128MB = 1759MB.

But keep in mind that those numbers may vary from system to system.

ehweCJF.png

Solution