when i install graphic drivers successful Radeon 7770 and after restart black secreen

Sep 1, 2018
when i install graphic drivers successful Radeon 7770 and after restart black secreen and no mouse courser and nothing lcd secreen light green.
and when i go to safe mode un install drivers then restart the amd 7770 work without drivers .....
i did everything to it but ... no result
my PC
optiplex 780
Core 2 quad Q9650 3.0GHZ
4gb of Ram
305w power supply and i created 6 pin by own

Sometimes it works, creating 6 pin connector, and sometimes is not. In your case your PSU is not strong enough to support this card.

This is approximate power usage for you, You short like 70 watt or so, maybe less, as I don't know all your components, but definitely you more than 305 watt.

GP9141z.jpg

Which card exactly you have - how did you fit it in your system, most 7770 are dual bracket and you have space only for single bracket?.

And the last question. I assume you want this card, would you consider PSU upgrade in this case?

I was meaning the same thing, you just repeated in more strong words.

I can add, hopefully it is not going to burn your PC (PC parts like motherboard capacitors) from overload. I would not advise using this power supply anymore after such an exercise, you could already internally damaged itby overlaod aswell.

Sep 1, 2018

Solution