Question When I load a game my monitors go back for a couple seconds.

Jan 24, 2020
I’ve asked this a couple times but I feel like I’m slowly getting it. So when I load a game on my pc my monitors while go back for a couple seconds and msi afterburner will close then reopen and cause my gpu fans to stay at 15 percent. Now when I close the game the screen goes back again and does everything as before but now my gpu fans will go back to normal.

this is everything I’ve tried,
Reinstall windows
Reinstall the gpu drivers

now when I reinstalled windows it seemed to fix everything for about 2 days then it went right back to the black screens

Jan 24, 2020
Sounds like a resolution switching issue. What's the exact hardware we're talking about and the exact monitor and the resolutions you're using, both for Windows and the games?
[/QUOTE
I have a asrock X570 steel legend
Ryzen 3800x
Corsair dominator OCed 3600cl14
2080super msi gaming X trio
Corsair 750- I know it’s the black label
My main monitor is view sonic XG270QG
Second is dell S2719DGF

Both at 2560x1440
And just checked my games it’s 2560x1440
If you have any idea and stuff for me to try I’m all ears

Jan 24, 2020
Did you try both monitors individually? Different GPU port? You don't have a spare old GPU hanging around you can test, do you? How did you reinstall Windows?
I will try doing one monitor at a time, I only turned off my spare one. And no I don’t have a spare gpu but I will try the different port also. (Don’t know how to get rid of bold)
The way I reinstalled was go to recovery and just do the one where it saves your folders but uninstalled everything else. And also I appreciate the help on this. I’m not terrible with computers but this problem has me stumped

DSzymborski

Titan
I will try doing one monitor at a time, I only turned off my spare one. And no I don’t have a spare gpu but I will try the different port also. (Don’t know how to get rid of bold)
The way I reinstalled was go to recovery and just do the one where it saves your folders but uninstalled everything else. And also I appreciate the help on this. I’m not terrible with computers but this problem has me stumped

Honestly, the best way is to do a full wipe and reinstall of your OS drive and eliminate any possibilities, though it's real long shot if it helps in this case.

Jan 24, 2020
Honestly, the best way is to do a full wipe and reinstall of your OS drive and eliminate any possibilities, though it's real long shot if it helps in this case.
Damn yea honestly I think it might come down to that. Just have to figure out how to not lose my saved files on my game. I really appreciate all the help you did and the time you took to try to figure this out. I probably just messed something up somewhere