[SOLVED] When I open call of duty MW, it uses 90% CPU. How can I fix it?

Abhilekh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014
When I open call of duty MW, it uses 90% CPU. How can I fix it?

I got -

1. GTX1060 3gb Graphic Card

2. i5 7th gen 7500 processor

3. 16gb RAM

4. Gigabyte b250m-ds3h-cf motherboard

Please someone help on fixing it. I have very low budget. I can change 1 thing from this list.

Solution

I got -

3. 16gb RAM

Please someone help on fixing it. I have very low budget. I can change 1 thing from this list.

Hi, why do you want to 'fix it' exactly- modern games can use all 4 cores of your i5, that is why the usage is high. It shouldn't be an issue though, does the game run ok?

If you want to reduce your cpu usage you would need to look at a higher thread count cpu - i.e. upgrade the cpu to an i7. The best option for your machine is the i7 7700 or 7700k, although would need to check what power supply you have to make sure it can handle the faster processor...

I got -

3. 16gb RAM

Hi, why do you want to 'fix it' exactly- modern games can use all 4 cores of your i5, that is why the usage is high. It shouldn't be an issue though, does the game run ok?

If you want to reduce your cpu usage you would need to look at a higher thread count cpu - i.e. upgrade the cpu to an i7. The best option for your machine is the i7 7700 or 7700k, although would need to check what power supply you have to make sure it can handle the faster processor...

Solution

Abhilekh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014

The game runs very laggy. I have to play the game in lowest resolution & settings.

I have "corsair vs650 650 watt power supply unit."