Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, So here are my specs
i9-10900kf
rtx 3080
colorful z490 vulcan x 20
colorful 32gb ram
gamemax 1050w psu

When I go to bios and change EIST ( Intel SpeedStep ) to off, Overclocking doesn't work anymore for some reason,
I'm able to change the core clock in bios but when I do nothing happens, it stays at stock 3.7ghz (cpu-z)

I tried turning on/off:
intel speed shift technology
intel speedstep technology

I tried removing CMOS battery and putting it back, tried resetting bios, tried everything, but I still can't OC my 10900k when EIST is off
I tried adjusting the Voltage to Higher or Lower, from 1v to 1.5v
I tried checking system power settings, and I put CPU minimum and maximum to 100%
and nothing fixed it

btw, when EIST is on I can't control my overclocking, the system chooses the CPU core clock by itself ( usually from 4 ghz to 4.8 ) no more than that, even if I changed it to 5ghz in bios, for example,
nothing happens, It's still from (4ghz-4.8ghz), Even if I change the clock on bios to 3.7ghz, its still goes from 4ghz to 4.8 approx for some reason!!
I don't know if it's because of my Mobo Manifacture or anything, but I really need help right now, thank you so much

Solution
odd alright how old is the motherboard and cpu? and where were they purchased from?, you are certain the cpu is a kf and not a rip off?

I bought all the specs from a local store in the middle east ( Saudi Arabia ) about 20 days ago, And yes I'm sure the CPU is KF and not a rip off lol

Update: After multiple tries from yesterday and multiple hours of clearing the CMOS over and over again to change bios settings to get it to work
It looks like I got the problem fixed, I changed EIST to ON and TDP Lock to On from the motherboard, it was off
and disabled intel speed shift technology, now I'm running a constant 5ghz, so I think the problem got fixed,

So I think TDP Lock fixed the problem, I don't...
Hello, So here are my specs
i9-10900kf
rtx 3080
colorful z490 vulcan x 20
colorful 32gb ram
gamemax 1050w psu

When I go to bios and change EIST ( Intel SpeedStep ) to off, Overclocking doesn't work anymore for some reason,
I'm able to change the core clock in bios but when I do nothing happens, it stays at stock 3.7ghz (cpu-z)

I tried turning on/off:
intel speed shift technology
intel speedstep technology

I tried removing CMOS battery and putting it back, tried resetting bios, tried everything, but I still can't OC my 10900k when EIST is off
I tried adjusting the Voltage to Higher or Lower, from 1v to 1.5v
I tried checking system power settings, and I put CPU minimum and maximum to 100%
and nothing fixed it

btw, when EIST is on I can't control my overclocking, the system chooses the CPU core clock by itself ( usually from 4 ghz to 4.8 ) no more than that, even if I changed it to 5ghz in bios, for example,
nothing happens, It's still from (4ghz-4.8ghz), Even if I change the clock on bios to 3.7ghz, its still goes from 4ghz to 4.8 approx for some reason!!
I don't know if it's because of my Mobo Manifacture or anything, but I really need help right now, thank you so much
this guy gives a decent walk through here

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
odd alright how old is the motherboard and cpu? and where were they purchased from?, you are certain the cpu is a kf and not a rip off?

I bought all the specs from a local store in the middle east ( Saudi Arabia ) about 20 days ago, And yes I'm sure the CPU is KF and not a rip off lol

Update: After multiple tries from yesterday and multiple hours of clearing the CMOS over and over again to change bios settings to get it to work
It looks like I got the problem fixed, I changed EIST to ON and TDP Lock to On from the motherboard, it was off
and disabled intel speed shift technology, now I'm running a constant 5ghz, so I think the problem got fixed,

So I think TDP Lock fixed the problem, I don't really know what's that but I tried to turn it on because why not, and everything is fine now, thanks all
I hope someone who's having my problem benefits from this article, Thank you all !!

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution