[SOLVED] when i play game PC resets

Feb 26, 2020
hello. i have problem last 3 days. i do not have heat problem on pc. cpu and gpu is normal. 40-60 degrees. i using computer normally. when i start a bşg game , pc resets after 3-5 minutes random.
and i start game again always resets. i bored of this. what is my problem i do not know. i tested dram is normal. pc works on desktop and surfing on internet watching videos but ,f i play games pc restart always..
PSU is corsair vs650 80plus bronze.
vga: evga 980ti
cpu: ryzen 5 1500x
ram: 2x8 crucial ballistic 2666 mhz

i have 240 liquid cooler , totaly 5 fans 1 m2 ssd+ two hdd.
what is my problem i do not know. i play games on ultra settings since 2 years but last 3 days i have this nightmare. please help. if psu have problem i will change. psu looks new and fan works. maybe 650w nt enough now i do not know. because i added liquid cooler 1 weeks ago.

Solution
Corsair VS models are of low quality and it's most likely the reason why your system is restarting under load.
For how long you had the PSU?

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
650W is enough for your build, but seems like your PSU has failed, disconnect the wires and reconnect them and see it that makes any difference.try running a less demanding game like CSGO if it keep doing it, your PSU is gone.

VS i thinks comes with 3year warranty, so get a replacement.

Feb 26, 2020
Using psu 2 years. When graphic card needs more power on big games. Like pubg forza . Pc shutt down and resets. Psu cold you cpu all cold but i cannot play games. I will try with my friends psu today

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
Thats a PSU problem, as previous comments said. Before you buy a new one, take it out of the system and leave it in a box or someware non contuctive. (be careful, PSUs can still have some electricity after its removed). This method worked for me and I didnt even do this on purpose.

Feb 26, 2020
Hello i try new high power super gd 750w psu and everythink ok. İ play one hour pc games. And my computer was started shutt down in pubg game. And i start pubg again when main menu comes pc shutt down and not opening.
I closed on off switch of psu and wait. And switch on but pc not working. Mainboard have energy . Rgb leds and mainboard leds working but pc not start. Cpu or mainboard damaged because of pub g? What happened i do not know . Everythink is installed perfect. Everyday i remove cpu and ram slots . Not have any damage . Everythink looks perfect . İ play pes 20 and forza tonight and i was happy. After pubg ruined everythink . I lost my pc i think 😣

Feb 26, 2020
Thats a PSU problem, as previous comments said. Before you buy a new one, take it out of the system and leave it in a box or someware non contuctive. (be careful, PSUs can still have some electricity after its removed). This method worked for me and I didnt even do this on purpose.
My computer died last night . İ played games and shutt down, not opening. What happened i do not know psu works. Cpu died or mainboard? I have amd athlon 2001 model cpu . Can i use it on my am4 socket ?

DSzymborski

Titan
No, only Ryzen CPUs work on Ryzen m otherboards.

Tell us more about this liquid cooler you added. And please go slowly and as detailed as you can; it's a bit tricky reading your posts. Also about this "new" PSU, because while this was a fine PSU, it was made a long time ago.

Reactions: RodroX
Feb 26, 2020
İ do not know what happened. Can i buy nee mainboard or cpu? How i can understand. Liquid cooler is aigo darkflash 240 . i play games 1 week with this liquid cooler was very good cpu 45 degrees max on games . İ was plug pump to aio pump socket . fans to cpu and cpu opt pins. Everythink is works good. Maybe i tighten spring screws so much and cpu damaged later ? İ remember , i do not make it so hard but . And i do not understand yesterday why my sistem works perfect with new psu? After i start pubg pc down. Still not starts only maimboard leds works

Feb 26, 2020
My video
İ take video and i found my problem is graphics card. İ think short circuit and vacum current. İ think 8 pin socket short circuit . İ will fix it. İ hope a diode makes short circuit on power board. Gpu still works. İ will change diode

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Was wondering about the gpu since pretty old.

I would keep a cooler on the cpu when testing like that. And when instructed to use the pcie power cables do use both connectors. Don't just add the two pin to the six pin,you might short the gpu.

Also that older gpu is pretty dirty,do clean it and put some fresh paste on it,maybe that wil be enough to get it running again.

How to CLEAN your PC PARTS and CONQUER THE UNIVERSE Tech YES City Geverifieerd • 60K weergaven
his way is abit much,but do try without the brake cleaner.

Feb 26, 2020
Hello all. I found problem. I detected a mosfet died and i remove it . After card works without a component. But power is problem. I can play pes fifa only . İf i play pubg or higher, pc close. Because need mosfet. İ will but parts and i will try again. I should wait from Aliexpress for components