When i play Graphically intensive games my PC screen turns off as if it cannot find a device to connect to, but my pc stays on

Elliott_007

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
I have had a new pc. While playing games such as Battlefield 4, H1Z1, Star wars battlefront beta, My pc screen will turn off and it appears to not pick up any device connected to it, but my pc fans are still spinning and my pc is still on. I play all of these games on 1080p but my graphically settings are all turned down to the lowest settings. My PC specs are:
CPU Model - Intel Core I7 4790 3.6ghz 8mb Cache 4th Gen Haswell
Motherboard - Gigabyte H81M-S2H / Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze Certified 600w Power Supply
Memory - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram
Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 750TI 2gb
I have had my memory changed by the company that sold me the PC and that didn't fix the problem. I have all of the newest drivers for my system and am running windows 8.1, I dont know what the problem is, but i really want to sort it out.

Also i crash on h1z1 with a 750ti graphics card and my friend has a 650ti and his game works fine, when we both have exactly the same settings. (his pc specs are worse than mine).

Could someone please help, i am really struggling, FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION
Thanks
Elliott

Sleetz

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
I see so many errors like this and the only thing I can see in common is the power supply. Even with my CX750 my computer would shut off if I attempted to overclock when 750w is plenty, some Corsair power supplies are low quality. Though since it is just your screen cutting out I would make sure your graphics card is seated properly and all cords are connected firmly.

shadawawa

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Sounds like your graphics card is over heating and auto turning its self off so as not to fry. Had this happen to me once when a rouge ziptie ended up in the graphics card fan blocking it from spinning, any time I got 1 min into a game everything would go dark. Perhaps try it with the case open and make sure your cards fan is spinning. Perhaps use a laser thermometer to check the temp.

TRENDING THREADS