[SOLVED] When I plug a usb into my pc the computer crashes.

molloyoisin96

Reputable
Sep 3, 2017
recently an annoying issue has been happening to my pc, whenever i plug a usb into the front of my pc the computer freezes and i have to turn it off from the power button, this same issue happens if pressure is put on the top over the usb ports. i built the pc about 3 years ago and this is the first time ive had an issue like this. i havent opened up the case so i dont think its the wires for the usb on the inside maybe some kind of short in the usb port itself but im not sure. Case: S340 Elite Psu: corsair rmx 850w gold Cpu: ryzen 1600 Ram: 2x8gb 3000mhz corsair Gpu: 1070ti

Solution
Sounds about right, disconnect it from the motherboard to prevent further issues. You could also plug another USB device into the USB port on the motherboard to make sure the problem isn't there first.

If you need front panel USB, then I would take a close look at the ports for bent pins or damaged wires.

Last resort you can contact NZXT and see if they sell/provide replacement front panel components (if they are not modular/easily replaced with aftermarket parts)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds about right, disconnect it from the motherboard to prevent further issues. You could also plug another USB device into the USB port on the motherboard to make sure the problem isn't there first.

If you need front panel USB, then I would take a close look at the ports for bent pins or damaged wires.

Last resort you can contact NZXT and see if they sell/provide replacement front panel components (if they are not modular/easily replaced with aftermarket parts)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS