Question When I plug in my laptop, it turns on automatically without pressing the power button ?

vpguy

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
My 2,5 years old laptop, an ASUS N580GD, is suddendly showing a common trouble of ASUS laptops, but not only ASUS ones.
I read many people faced these troubles but I’m not finding a solution.
  • sudden shutdown on laptop when power charger is unplugged. A “Restore AC Power Loss” or "Wake on AC" or "Power on AC is not available in UEFI
  • when I put the power plug in , the laptop turns on automatically and without pressing the power button
  • battery is available but not charging (now it’s at 69% and I was able to update UEFI because system detects it)
  • I bought a new battery, but the laptop behaves as with the old battery. It’s NOT a battery fault.
  • If the power charger is not plugged, pressing the power button doesn’t turn on the laptop, in spite of battery at 69%.
  • With power charger plugged, charging led is fixed orange
  • MyAsus app detects NO problems
  • At Windows 10 startup, battery icon shows the charging animation of bars: after 20 seconds it stops. I suppose it’s charging for these 20 seconds!
  • I asked for support and they suggested me to follow https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012793/ without success
Again: I bought a new original Asus battery and I have the same problems. It’s not a battery fault
I suppose this happened after a software update but I didn’t get which one.
Please somebody could help me to solve this!

Reactions: Conerd