pomoalessio

Honorable
Aug 30, 2018
So a year or two ago, I was on windows 7 64-bit, and I had 8 GB of ram detected, and everything was working out. Then I stopped using my PC for about half a year, and upgraded it to Windows 10. A few days ago, I noticed that only 6 GB of RAM was being detected. But CPU-Z detected 8GB of RAM when run.

My Motherboard is an ASUS Sabertooth x58. It has 6 RAM slots with 2 different colours.
In DIMM A2 I had a Transcend 2GB DDR3 RAM Stick.
In DIMM A1, B1 and C1 I had 3 Kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM Sticks.

When I took out the Transcend RAM stick I got 6GB, nothing changed.
But when I put it back in, I got 4GB of RAM.
Right now I have taken it out and am running my computer with 6GB of RAM like I have for the last month, but I was wondering if there is any way to get it back up to 8GB like it was a year ago?
I also have a 4GB DDR3 Samsung stick of RAM that I found while taking apart a different PC, could I use it on my own?

So a year or two ago, I was on windows 7 64-bit, and I had 8 GB of ram detected, and everything was working out. Then I stopped using my PC for about half a year, and upgraded it to Windows 10. A few days ago, I noticed that only 6 GB of RAM was being detected. But CPU-Z detected 8GB of RAM when run.

My Motherboard is an ASUS Sabertooth x58. It has 6 RAM slots with 2 different colours.
In DIMM A2 I had a Transcend 2GB DDR3 RAM Stick.
In DIMM A1, B1 and C1 I had 3 Kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM Sticks.

When I took out the Transcend RAM stick I got 6GB, nothing changed.
But when I put it back in, I got 4GB of RAM.
Right now I have taken it out and am running my computer with 6GB of RAM like I have for the last month, but I was wondering if there is any way to get it back up to 8GB like it was a year ago?
I also have a 4GB DDR3 Samsung stick of RAM that I found while taking apart a different PC, could I use it on my own?
You may need to reseat the CPU by taking it out and placing it back in.

Last edited: