Question When I reset the CMOS on my Motherboard, it gets power for 1 second, powers down, powers back up but no post/BIOS.

Oct 3, 2021
Firstly, the specs.

First of all, the specs:

Motherboard: Asus Prime H410M-A
Chip: Intel i3 101000
Power Supply: Corsair CX750 M

These are all that are connected at the moment...

The story:

I upgraded my GTX 1060 with a brand spanking new MSI 3060 TI. To get in in my case, I had to move my 2 hard drives (A 120 GB SSD and a 2GB Traditional.) down to the bottom of the rack. After plugging everything in, I started the computer back up. The fans spun up for 1 second, then powered down, then powered back up with what sounded like a warning buzz, but no post beep.

Well, thinking that was odd, I removed everything. Card, drives, memory chip, all but the CPU. Turned it on. Got power to the fans. No Post beep. So I decided to reset the CMOS (This included removing the battery and shorting the CMOS posts). Plugged it back in and started it. Powered up for 1 second, powered down, powered up with the warning screech, no post.

This is repeatable. Every time I short the CMOS posts to clear it, The fans spin up for 1 second, then powered down, then powered back up with what sounded like a warning buzz, but no post beep.

I am stumped. This SOUNDS like an issue with the BIOS, but not sure how to fix it.

<Deperate>

Oct 3, 2021
Odd update....

So it did''t do this before, but NOW after pulling everything out and putting everything back, I get video on the old 1060. So do we think its a bad GPU?