When I restart my PC, my Netgear router freezes?

steverserrano

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Hey guys,

So I have this weird problem where my NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 will freeze whenever I restart, or shutdown then turn on my main pc. I think something is happening when my pc is asking the router for its credentials? I'm not sure. I'm no expert on routers or networking, I need some help. Thanks!

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Are the lights on your router blinking when you restart your pc? Your router and pc are not connected in such a way that the router should freeze, sounds very weird to me. Could you tell us how you know its freezing? Lights stop blinking, your wifi stops working?

steverserrano

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

All the active lights on the router stop blinking. They go solid. And yes the wifi stops working as well.

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Seems very odd. Does the wifi work when the pc is off? Does it work after the pc is rebooted and on, or does it completely shut down the wifi? You could install wireshark and watch the incoming and outgoing requests with the pc sitting idle to make sure that there is nothing on the computer drawing down the router or internet connection in general.

steverserrano

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

When I shut down, everything works fine, until I start up the PC again. When I restart it happens after the restart. I've never used wireshark or any like it before. Would it be easy to pickup?

Sep 27, 2018