[SOLVED] When I select my microphone on discord, the bluetooth headphones stop working.

Wanderrlust

Reputable
Dec 20, 2019
Ok, so I'm trying to use bluetooth headphones (that have a mic with them) with an external microphone. I appear to only be able to use one at a time. The microphone only appears as Hands Free AG Audio (which is not what it is, it is an external mic), and when I choose that to be my microphone it uses the external mic but it stops my audio if I'm watching a youtube video etc. I can do both, but I have to switch to the hands free output which sounds very tinny / just sounds like the audio is far away and bad quality, I much prefer the stereo version. I don't know why the mic is only appearing as the headphone mic as that is just not what it is and my computer must be doing something weird. It is a desktop with the mic put into the audio port, win 10. Any suggestions would be fantastic <3

Solution
aight nvm fixed it lol. Went into devices and printers of the control panel and disabled everything listed as hands free audio. Mic now works with the old bluetooth headphones which have good quality! Happy man.

Wanderrlust

Reputable
Dec 20, 2019
Also another note, I'm attempting to listen to my Rocket League audio and comm with teammates on discord at the same time, otherwise I would be fine and would just switch when I wanted to watch youtube or whatever.

Wanderrlust

Reputable
Dec 20, 2019
aight nvm fixed it lol. Went into devices and printers of the control panel and disabled everything listed as hands free audio. Mic now works with the old bluetooth headphones which have good quality! Happy man.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS