Question When I shut down the PC it turns off, then it restarts briefly before turning off completely ?

UNR34L

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

When I shut down my PC the lights go off normally then start again for a second or two before turning off completely... and what's interesting is you can click on the keyboard and it will light up (just the keyboard) but the PC is off. This problem started after I did a fresh OS installation.

Also, I have another question: When I start my PC it turns off once, then starts normally and that started to happen after I updated the bios (I had this for over a year and things are fine).
I heard there is boot protection for overclocking systems (I run without oc) and how to turn that off?

I have a Gigabyte Z390 UD with an i5-9600k.

D

Deleted member 362816

Some keyboards will light up when touched even when the pc is off depending on the energy settings in bios and what USB port you are using. (my system does this)

I have had pc's do this in the past turn off then seem to turn back on then turn off for good, Tbh don't worry about it.

The turn off then turn back on is usually due to bad ram settings in bios.

Reactions: UNR34L
Hi,
when I do shut down my PC the lights go off normally then start again for a second or two before turning off for good... and what's interesting is you can click on the keyboard and it will light up (just the keyboard) but the PC is off. this problem started after I did a fresh OS installation.

Also, I have another question about when I start my PC it turns off 1 time then starts normally and that start to happen after I update the bios (I had this for over a year and things are fine). I heard there is boot protection for overclocking systems (I run without oc) and how to turn that off? I do have Gigabyte Z390 UD with i5-9600k.
First one seems to be related to sleep mode instead of clean shutdown, check your power options in Windows.
Second one, if first one is real cause BIOS may also be set to sleep. What happens when you do real cold BOOT (After shutting power right of for few minutes).

Reactions: UNR34L

UNR34L

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
First one seems to be related to sleep mode instead of clean shutdown, check your power options in Windows.
Second one, if first one is real cause BIOS may also be set to sleep. What happens when you do real cold BOOT (After shutting power right of for few minutes).
the first one is ok as nothing seems off and I just was curious why this might happen.
for second one, this only happens from a cold start (after I turn off the power from the wall), restarting or starting later on after shutdown without switching off the wall power does not cause this.

UNR34L

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Some keyboards will light up when touched even when the pc is off depending on the energy settings in bios and what USB port you are using. (my system does this)

I have had pc's do this in the past turn off then seem to turn back on then turn off for good, Tbh don't worry about it.

The turn off then turn back on is usually due to bad ram settings in bios.
I do have xmp profile for the rams and even disabling it will not change this (I even cleared the CMOS), only happen from the cold start after turning off wall power.