Question When I start my computer it makes a ticking sound which stops once it gets to log-in screen ? (SOLVED)

Feb 15, 2022
It does not come from fan because it stops once the log-in screen is up. Any idea what might be causing this?

here is a video of it

- old hdd's head was causing the voice-

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022
Is there any HDD ?
thanks it stopped the ticking voice. but i d like to ask one or two more things. would that hdd (only power cable plugged in) cause system to freeze and force me to restart? just realized that my hdd was shown in bios as 0gb, would this be able to saved in any way?

thanks.

thanks it stopped the ticking voice. but i d like to ask one or two more things. would that hdd (only power cable plugged in) cause system to freeze and force me to restart? just realized that my hdd was shown in bios as 0gb, would this be able to saved in any way?

thanks.
Yeah, most probable cause that dying HDD, if it shows as 0 bytes it's probably bad electronics. Even when data cable is not connected a HDD would go thru tests as soon as it gets power.

Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, most probable cause that dying HDD, if it shows as 0 bytes it's probably bad electronics. Even when data cable is not connected a HDD would go thru tests as soon as it gets power.
thanks. opened its inside and looked that head is just repeating the movements, gonna just throw it away.