When I start up my computer it turns off after a few seconds.

Eiyer

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Hi guys, I know this place is awesome :). My problem is that when I turn on my computer, everything SOUNDS like it works, but NOTHING comes up on the screen, then after a couple seconds, it powers off. I'm THINKING it is the CPU, because I just bought a new Motherboard that was exactly like the old one, and it is still the same problem. My Power Supply went out out me with a loud bang one day, and I replaced it. It ran just fine for about a week and a half. Then one day it just powered off, never to come back on. The weirdest thing is...my computer will ONLY power up for the longest IF I have my GFX card plugged in. If I take it out, and try to run off the Onboard GFX, it'll come on for a split second and just shut off. I have an ASRock N68-S motherboard, Phenom II x4 (not sure the number, but I high end one), 2gig of RAM (Had four, but one stick went out), Nvidia GTX 460 768, 450 PSU, Windows 7. Like I said, new Mobo, Processor is the only thing I can think of.

Eiyer

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Well, I just turned it on, it is staying on, but still nothing. And it IS the same. But I mean...it's just a black screen, no BIOS, no nothing. And like I said, if I take out my GFX card to put it to Onboard GFX...it won't stay on for more than a split second...that seems awkward to me. Even my old Mobo was like that.

Eiyer

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ok, just bought a new CPU. Phenom II x4 810. Still having the same issue. I can't figure this out to save my life. Anyone have any ideas? New Mobo, and new CPU.

TRENDING THREADS