Question When I try to use the A1 ram slot of my Asrock Z690m-ITX/AX motherboard, it doesn't work. The CPU fan starts to rev and it will not post.

Dec 18, 2022
The other ram slot works just fine. The problem isn't with the ram, I installed it on another system and it works just fine. What's going wrong?

Dec 18, 2022
Do you have any other RAM that you could try on the board? Might just be that that one specific slot is broken. Had that on a board myself and took a while to figure out.
I've tried other RAM and it also doesn't work on the A1 slot. Using both slots or just the A1 slot both leads to the CPU fan revving and no post. How did you go about fixing the broken slot?

If you did not drop the cpu cleanly into the socket and had to smoosh it around a bit to get seated, you likely bent a pin in the socket.
Such damage commonly results in ram issues such as dead ram slots or no dual channel operation.
To check, remove the processor and look carefully at the socket pins.
Particularly those in the lower part.
If you find a pin out of line touching another, take a needle and carefully move it back into position.

Dec 18, 2022
If you did not drop the cpu cleanly into the socket and had to smoosh it around a bit to get seated, you likely bent a pin in the socket.
Such damage commonly results in ram issues such as dead ram slots or no dual channel operation.
If you find a pin out of line touching another, take a needle and carefully move it back into position.
Okay thank you. Will try when I get the chance and I'll update

Dec 18, 2022
Okay thank you. Will try when I get the chance and I'll update
No bent pins. Another thing to add, it seems that every fan in the case revs when there is ram in the A1 slot