[SOLVED] When I turn on XMP my pc wont boot.

Aug 18, 2020
So my pc specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Msi x570 Gaming Plus
Tforce delta 3600 mhz 8x2
Rtx 2060

everytime I turn on XMP my pc wont boot up. I reset cmos and tried 3200 mhz and it boots but auto restart and not booting anymore. I reset cmos again and set 2933 mhz and now it works.
I want to set my ram to 3600 mhz so I can use it to full potential what should I do?help

So I test my ram to my friend pc and xmp is working he have ryzen 5 3600 mobo is MSI x570 gaming edge wifi
sorry for my grammar :)

Solution
Ok...that's strange, it says you have BIOS Version A.00 which isn't even listed on the MSI support page, and AGESA 1.0.0.2...but dated 6/4/2019. This all suggests a very, very early V1 launch AGESA that had lots of problems. I'd completely agree updating is a good idea for you.

I'd go to the latest, 7C37vA9. It ALSO has AGESA ComboPI 1.0.0.2, but it's V2 1.0.0.2.
3600Mhz is a pretty extreme memory clock, and definitely an overclock for Zen2 chips that are rated for 3200. It probably can be made to work but I don't think it's fair to expect every CPU/memory/mobo combination to work automatically or easily, with just setting XMP.

First: have you tried both XMP profiles? (XMP1 and XMP2) Second, you might try manually setting and/or increasing DRAM voltage. I'd start by manually setting it to the same voltage the DIMM's are rated at (on the package usually) then increase it a notch at a time until it boot. DDR4 DRAM is required to handle up to 1.5V but go no higher than 1.40.

If that doesn't work you'll have to tweak it manually using TAIFUN and the DRAM Calculator to get some values. If that sounds too bothersome just manually load in the voltage and 4 timings usually given on the DIMM package, set frequency to 3200 and leave it at that.

Reactions: hydxenon
Aug 18, 2020
3600Mhz is a pretty extreme memory clock, and definitely an overclock for Zen2 chips that are rated for 3200. It probably can be made to work but I don't think it's fair to expect every CPU/memory/mobo combination to work automatically or easily, with just setting XMP.

First: have you tried both XMP profiles? (XMP1 and XMP2) Second, you might try manually setting and/or increasing DRAM voltage. I'd start by manually setting it to the same voltage the DIMM's are rated at (on the package usually) then increase it a notch at a time until it boot. DDR4 DRAM is required to handle up to 1.5V but go no higher than 1.40.

If that doesn't work you'll have to tweak it manually using TAIFUN and the DRAM Calculator to get some values. If that sounds too bothersome just manually load in the voltage and 4 timings usually given on the DIMM package, set frequency to 3200 and leave it at that.
No I didn't try xmp profile 1 and 2 and my dram voltage is only set to auto (V1.36) in 3200 mhz. I'll try to set the voltage to
1.40 if still doesnt work I'll do a research about Taifun and dram calculator

Aug 18, 2020

sad all of them didnt work.
maybe because my motherboard is not updated? Im afraid my motherboard will brick without using m flash because i dont have flash drive
View: https://imgur.com/a/JNEeT3B

sad all of them didnt work.
maybe because my motherboard is not updated? Im afraid my motherboard will brick without using m flash because i dont have flash drive
View: https://imgur.com/a/JNEeT3B
Which version BIOS does your board have? CPUz often shows that in the Version block on the Mainboard tab. HWInfo shows it in Motherboard information branch.

M-Flash is the best way to update do it but you will need a USB flash drive with the BIOS file in the root folder.

Ok...that's strange, it says you have BIOS Version A.00 which isn't even listed on the MSI support page, and AGESA 1.0.0.2...but dated 6/4/2019. This all suggests a very, very early V1 launch AGESA that had lots of problems. I'd completely agree updating is a good idea for you.

I'd go to the latest, 7C37vA9. It ALSO has AGESA ComboPI 1.0.0.2, but it's V2 1.0.0.2.

Reactions: hydxenon
Solution
Aug 18, 2020

View: https://imgur.com/a/oXY7tyf

its now working!! I updated the motherboard

Mar 11, 2021
Hi!

I have the same motherboard with the same issue. Can I ask what version you updated to for it to work correctly please? And if you updated through MSI Dragon center or if you Flashed it on via USB?

Thanks in advance!