[SOLVED] When i unplug my GPU my PC works perfectly,but when i plug the GPU it is not

Nov 10, 2020
First of all these are my computer specs: Intel Core i3-7100 3.9hz
Sapphire RX 580 nitro 4gb GDDR5
4GB DDR4 RAM
GAMEMAX 450watt 80 + bronze.

Yes, I know that the minimum PSU required by RX 580 is 500 watts, and when I plug in the gpu my monitor doesn't turn on at all, all my pc components turn on including my gpu with the fan and led on but my monitor is in a stand by position with the led which flashes like when my pc really doesn't turn on (it should turn on when the pc is turned on but this only blinks) and also sometimes my mouse and keyboard stop turning on and then turn back on, when I try to unplug the GPU, my computer runs as usual,I just want to make sure that is it really a problem with my PSU or is there any damage from my GPU?

Solution
oh thank you very much, I asked about the gpu too because I bought it from someone else who used to be a miner and it really haunts me, and also can I get the best psu recommendation for my RX 580?
Well....there's no guarantee it IS the PSU...it could always BE the GPU.....but it's best to go on what's most likely.....and in this case....you have a substandard PSU that is very weak on power.....so this makes it the most likely cause of the problem in my opinion....plus there really was no sign there was anything wrong with the GPU correct?

As far as quality PSUs....here is the PSU tier list.
I would try to stick with tier A or B and get at least 450 watts.
I personally like Corsair and Seasonic brands...
First of all these are my computer specs: Intel Core i3-7100 3.9hz
Sapphire RX 580 nitro 4gb GDDR5
4GB DDR4 RAM
GAMEMAX 450watt 80 + bronze.

Yes, I know that the minimum PSU required by RX 580 is 500 watts, and when I plug in the gpu my monitor doesn't turn on at all, all my pc components turn on including my gpu with the fan and led on but my monitor is in a stand by position with the led which flashes like when my pc really doesn't turn on (it should turn on when the pc is turned on but this only blinks) and also sometimes my mouse and keyboard stop turning on and then turn back on, when I try to unplug the GPU, my computer runs as usual,I just want to make sure that is it really a problem with my PSU or is there any damage from my GPU?
I think you are on the right track. I think the PSU is the most likely culprit.
No one can say 100% for sure....but I think it is the most likely cause.
...and from what I've read....GAMEMAX is of terrible quality on top of it.

Nov 10, 2020
I think you are on the right track. I think the PSU is the most likely culprit.
No one can say 100% for sure....but I think it is the most likely cause.
...and from what I've read....GAMEMAX is of terrible quality on top of it.
oh thank you very much, I asked about the gpu too because I bought it from someone else who used to be a miner and it really haunts me, and also can I get the best 500 or 550w psu recommendation for my RX 580?

oh thank you very much, I asked about the gpu too because I bought it from someone else who used to be a miner and it really haunts me, and also can I get the best psu recommendation for my RX 580?
Well....there's no guarantee it IS the PSU...it could always BE the GPU.....but it's best to go on what's most likely.....and in this case....you have a substandard PSU that is very weak on power.....so this makes it the most likely cause of the problem in my opinion....plus there really was no sign there was anything wrong with the GPU correct?

As far as quality PSUs....here is the PSU tier list.
I would try to stick with tier A or B and get at least 450 watts.
I personally like Corsair and Seasonic brands.

Solution