When I update driver screen goes black

fuaterdemarslan

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
When I update my Nvıdıa driver monitor goes black
Msi GTX 1060
so I uninstalled everything then I started the install latest nvıdıa driver and I was watching video on youtube at that moment installation finished and screen gone black but video was still going and I could stop it or start it again so I uninstalled everything again and installed previous version of the latest one but this time I got no signal... I can open with out a problem if I remove all drivers but when I start it screen resolution is 800x600 help...

Msı Gtx 1060 Gamıng X 3G 192Bit Ddr5 3Xdphdmıdvı
Intel Skylake Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz 1151 6MB
Akasa Venom Voodoo Intel 2011/1156/1155/1150/1151 AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3
Kingston 120GB HyperX Fury SHFS37A SSD
DA-70431 2,5¨ HDD den 3,5¨ HDD Montaj Kiti
Zalman Z11 NEO 700W Mid Tower
Msı Z270 Tomahawk Ddr4 S+V+Gl 1151P (Atx)
Corsair Vengeance Kırmızı Ddr4-2400Mhz Cl16 16Gb (2X8Gb) Dual

Solution
Open the NVIDIA control panel. Go to the "Adjust desktop color settings" section and change "Content type reported to the display" from "Auto-select (recommended)" to "Desktop programs".

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Fairly likely this is why I want you to try an older driver. Try using the last driver you know worked, assuming you remember. Otherwise just go back a driver or two and see if it works ok.

fuaterdemarslan

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I just build this pc ıdk which one works even ıdk if one of them works I tried latest one I tried previous version I tried oldest version (I got no signal on this one)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
List of ideas is getting short one thing I can think of is you possibly have a PSU issue. The one you have is a tier 3 unit, generally I suggest only using tier 1 and 2 units because anything less and issues can crop up, Rigs can be fried at boot and in the worst case your house burning down with you in it. The only other thing i can think of is your motherboard or ram are having issues. Try running on stick of ram at a time. See if you can do the driver load then. If you can run memtest86 and see if a stick is going bad.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

TY for the help. I have got so close to this trying to help I know i am missing something obvious for the OP...or not. Extra eyes are always appreciated.

fuaterdemarslan

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
well I updated my bioes to latest verison I ınstalled my nvidia drivers from windows geforce and nvıdıa's website and GPU at the first PCIe x16 cuz others lower I looked from bios Idk remember others but I know GPU sits on x16

Second x16 slot operates only at x4 (since this board only offers CF support), which would limit GPU at normal use, but is enough for a slot test. If you put GPU at second slot, and after driver install you will not receive black screen, that would mean your first slot is most likely faulty.