When I Upgrade from windows 7 32bit to 64 bit formats my pc

May 21, 2018
I need to upgrade my windows from 32 bit to 64 bit.

And I have 4 disks in my pc
disk :C,D,E,F

I have files in all my disks

If I install 64bit of windows 7 does it deletes disk C,D,E,F (complete format) or it deletes only disk C or

all the files are kept but it only it deletes the software’s installed so that we need to reinstall it

Solution
There is no "upgrade" path from 32-bit to 64-bit. It will require a clean install of the OS and all of your installed programs. If your OS is installed on the C: Drive, then that is the only drive that should be affected by the install. Data files (document, MP3s, videos, etc...) on any other drive should not be affected.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
There is no "upgrade" path from 32-bit to 64-bit. It will require a clean install of the OS and all of your installed programs. If your OS is installed on the C: Drive, then that is the only drive that should be affected by the install. Data files (document, MP3s, videos, etc...) on any other drive should not be affected.

-Wolf sends

Solution

On top of what wolf said, unplug all other drives D, E, & F. This will insure that all widows files will be installed on the C drive and you don't accidentally format the wrong drive.